V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to replace my original 2005 Sportster headlamp bulb for one that is mo bettah. More light, more power, better color, steroids, whatever is available. My question is "how do I know what bulbs are compatible with my lamp?" Does anyone have recommendations please? The stock high beam/low beam lamp has a current draw of 4.58/5 amps. Part #67329-03. :dunno:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your bulb should be a H3 H4 or H7 some number with an H on it. The only way your going to get light on steroids is with an HID kit. I put one on my 06 fatboy and had one on my Hayabusa too. You can get the HID bulb with high and low beam, I got the low beam only and lost my high but who the hell needs a high beam with the kind of light the HID puts out. If you mention JD from the hayabusa.org site you will get a discount too. http://www.xenonking.com/ If you do a HID 5K is the brightest and 6K has a bit more blue in it, the higher the K value the less light. I have a 5k and 6 is the highest I'd go if you do an HID.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like nice stuff. Lights up real well huh? I like the idea of some blue as it is a color drivers would better see in the daylight. Correct? Is it hard to locate on the bike all those parts in the kit? The ballast looks large. Or, maybe thats the box in the picture.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niether the owners manual nor service manual list a number with an H in it. They only list the part number. Ill keep looking.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
If you have a local auto parts store, have then check out the Hella or Osram 80W low 100W high.....It is all i ever use. I have my entire M/C club using them (bout 30 guys) and never a problem...They should be about 15-20 bucks...well worth the money....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sportsters are currently using H4 bulb. If it has the new headlamp assembly (with the crystal clear lense) than the bulb came stock with the Sylvian Silver Star H4.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
IMHO the Sylvania Silverstar is hands down the best direct OEM replacement bulb for color, brightness and overall performance while keeping within the wattage and amps draw perameters.
They are a bit salty in price.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
oem/dot

geoffreyt said:
I wish to replace my original 2005 Sportster headlamp bulb for one that is mo bettah. More light, more power, better color, steroids, whatever is available. My question is "how do I know what bulbs are compatible with my lamp?" Does anyone have recommendations please? The stock high beam/low beam lamp has a current draw of 4.58/5 amps. Part #67329-03. :dunno:
if the bulb is dot compliant it is probably no brighter than stock.the darker the blue ''tint'' onth bulb the less light output you will have,althogh you may perceive it as being brighter.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
hey dyna, how long do you get out of the silverstars? i use them in my car and the old ladys. I cant get them to last longer than a year. They are too much money to be changing that often.......You are totally correct though, they are a good bulb.......

·
Banned
17,239 Posts
bulbs

Candelpower makes a 55/100 watt bulb fo $17.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts