V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Call me silly, but I happen to like the Ham Can on the Sportster. I think it's part of what makes a Sportster distinctive.

I have searched everywhere for decorative inserts for the air cleaner. I have checked Custom Chrome, Drag Specialties, J-P Cycles and many other aftermarket dealers.

Besides the 6 or 7 inserts that Harley makes, no one else makes them. There are many other Sportster specific aftermarket items. Why doesn't anyone make an insert for the beloved Ham Can?

You can find millions for the BT bikes. That is disturbingly strange. :confused:

If anyone here knows where I can find one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Sportster Ham Can decorative inserts...

dave51 said:

Welcome to the forum, Silly.

LoL

Thanks. I've been lurking for a while. I am also a fan of a Sportster site that is well known.

I like this place. Lots of info and stories.

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Glad you've got a sense of humor. Lots of sharp people here (a few morons too though).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dave51 said:
(a few morons too though).
Is that morons or MORONS?

:)

BTW, I was told that there would be babes and beer tonight? I hope they weren't razzing the new guy.

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
All the babes are here at my house. You were supposed to bring the beer. We're very thirsty and getting impatient and people are starting to take their clothes off. You coming or not?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dave51 said:
All the babes are here at my house. You were supposed to bring the beer. We're very thirsty and getting impatient and people are starting to take their clothes off. You coming or not?
****, you kidding? I'm in your driveway as we speak. I hope a case of Yuengling (Philly beer) will do.

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Only two requirements for beer...cold and free, as opposed to the babes...hot and free.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dave51 said:
as opposed to the babes...hot and free.
It depends on how many beers you drink....

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
dave51 said:
(a few morons too though).
Hey, hey, hey, no first names now!:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello again,

Please help me with this. I am racking my brain to find a source for these.

Thanks again,

Ross

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fourhour said:
Join www.sportster.org and maybe a post there might help!:D
Hi fourhour,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am already a member. It's a great place. Full of terrific information. I got ziltch there also. Well, not exactly, there was a suggestion to have one made or custom make one myself. Not a bad idea, but it would probably cost a few bucks. It would certainly be unique.

I still wonder why NO ONE, besides the factory, makes them. Harley sells more Sportsters than any other bike. There is plenty of other Sportster specific stuff out there in the aftermarket. There are derby covers, all other kinds of chromed out covers, but none for the Ham Can aircleaner.

This is a puzzle I plan to solve.

Peace,

Ross

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Looks like I was a day late for the babes and beer. Some other time!! Not sure if you like it or not, but I did see one of the 2003 Aniversery covers on the can and it looked pretty good... I just wish it didn't have the logo on it so it was smooth.

Jockeyshift

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
jockeyshift said:
Looks like I was a day late for the babes and beer. Some other time!! Not sure if you like it or not, but I did see one of the 2003 Aniversery covers on the can and it looked pretty good... I just wish it didn't have the logo on it so it was smooth.

Jockeyshift
Yo Jockeyshift,

There was an extra waiting for ya dude, where the hell were ya? These babes were bagin' LoL....oh ****, that was a friggin dream. Damn it!

As for the 100th Ann cover. I think it would look pretty cool. The "hologram" effect, I think, would be nice. My problem would be that there will probably be soooo many people who get it. It will be lke the "Live to Ride" you see everywhere.

I prefer to be unique.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hey Silly ...er...I mean... Ross. Here's a pic of the insert I am running on my Sporty. I think 1974 was the last year HD made this cover. I think it looks pretty cool, and you sure don't see alot of 'em out there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
twincamzz said:
Here's a pic of the insert I am running on my Sporty. I think 1974 was the last year HD made this cover... you sure don't see alot of 'em out there.
Twincamzz,

That is a nice insert. There were a few nice ones through the years.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ross said:

****, you kidding? I'm in your driveway as we speak. I hope a case of Yuengling (Philly beer) will do.

Peace,

Ross
Yuengling Beer! Did ya know that's the oldest running brewery in the USA? And it's in the side of a mountain. I never heard of anyone outside PA that drinks it. Just some useless beer knowledge. And pass me 1.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yellowFatboy200 said:

Yuengling Beer! Did ya know that's the oldest running brewery in the USA? And it's in the side of a mountain. I never heard of anyone outside PA that drinks it. Just some useless beer knowledge. And pass me 1.
Did I know it? I grew up on it. I'm from Philly! I may not live in Philly now, but you can't take the Philly boy out of me. I used to live in Center City, Philadelphia, and the bar next door had $0.50 pints of Yuengling. $5.00 and you could get hammered. At least I could. LoL. Great stuff.

They have a brewery in Tampa now, and you can now buy Yuengling in Florida, everywhere. The best part is, it's cheap. About the same as Bud. Anytime I get it, no one else wants to try it. More for me I say.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yuengling, aight who's mailing me a case. I havn't seen that stuff since I got transplanted from PA to the land of no sun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts