V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this may have been asked already, I tried o do a search but did not find what I was looking for.

I am thinking of changing out the Exhaust pipes out on my 1200C, In the Harley catalog it shows Screaming Eagles pipes, and the Harley Pipes, I don't really need super loud, but would like a little more sound with some back pressure for the low end torque, The SEII pipes have the Comp flags, and the HD Pipes show the Green light,

Any advise on which is better?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the S.E. 2 's on my 02 1200 c ,I myself like them ,It retained low end torque & has some rumble to it as well.
Larry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have the SE II on both 1200C and 1200S ... great, not too loud, good low end ... can be really quite when you need it. Never had a claim from neighbours or from cops. Still those are not the best to get the maximum power out of your engine but they are good for the price. Easy to find second hand in perfect shape.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I have stock pipes on my Sporty and I just put a monster punch through the baffles...that way they sound a little louder....still legal..(kinda)...and re-jetted....waaalaaah....good performance and sound.

·
What the %$#%!%# ?
278 Posts
I have a set of SEII slipons that I am selling. Interested???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also bought the SE II's. The Harley dealer recommended them them over the Harley version....same price, I don't really know what the difference is.

Dan

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I hear Cycle Shack slip-ons are about half the price of the SE's and have a little better rumble. I had the SE II's and they were ok but I wished they were just a little louder. The SE II's are nice though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have the Cycle Shack Slip ons. Totally open they are pretty loud. I placed the baffles in mine and they are the best ones I have heard around. Deep rumble at idle and nice tone at full bore. If I were to do another Sporty I would recommend these.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cycle Shack used to make the SE slip-ons (known as SEIs), but they do not anymore. I do not know who makes the SEIIs, but it is not Cycle Shack. The SEIIs are fatter looking and quieter than Cycle Shacks. The Cycle Shacks are a great buy. Good sound and they flow great. I have them and would recommend them. Best bang for the buck hands down.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yep, I 'm running Cycle Shack slip ons, too. Hippo even recommended them for the best bang for the buck ! I think they've got "that sound" you're looking for jd. To get 'em cheap, call Hales HD at 419-522-8602 & ask to speak with Jenny Sapyta. Part number MXL-134TA (for the tapered slip ons)- $104.76. That's with a 20 % off discount. That's where I got mine last September.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts