V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I got a FatBoy '07 since 2 months, but I need to get that sound that a stock exhaust system cannot give.

I got lost in the jungle of: mufflers, air cleaner systems,..., all that (tricky to me) discussions on wether install or not a new ECU (SE or similar) if air cleaner is for high flow,...., O2 sensors,...., EFI can or cannot sligthly adjust itself for new mufflers,.... IT'S A BIG MESS !!!

So, thinking about getting my own knowledge of the pros and cons directly on the field, I want to test some solutions, before spending too much money. So, I have a frined of mine who got 2 stock mufflers for a Sportster 1986. Those are "wide open", i.e. they've been punched. Does anyone of you know if this is absolutely to avoid, or it can be tested? (Regardless of mechanical modification required to install those mufflers).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Screamin Eagle ll on 2008 Heritage Softail

Hi everybody,
I got a FatBoy '07 since 2 months, but I need to get that sound that a stock exhaust system cannot give.

I got lost in the jungle of: mufflers, air cleaner systems,..., all that (tricky to me) discussions on wether install or not a new ECU (SE or similar) if air cleaner is for high flow,...., O2 sensors,...., EFI can or cannot sligthly adjust itself for new mufflers,.... IT'S A BIG MESS !!!

So, thinking about getting my own knowledge of the pros and cons directly on the field, I want to test some solutions, before spending too much money. So, I have a frined of mine who got 2 stock mufflers for a Sportster 1986. Those are "wide open", i.e. they've been punched. Does anyone of you know if this is absolutely to avoid, or it can be tested? (Regardless of mechanical modification required to install those mufflers).
I put some Dyna Superglide Screamin Eagle ll mufflers on my 2008 Heritage Softail. I put Big City Thunder baffles in them and they sound great...deep throaty sound...nice rumble. You might try some of the Dyna mufflers. Good luck:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts