V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some tried and true windshield recommendations for a Wideglide with drag bars. Carlini...28" wide at ends of grips. Risers are 10" measured from top of triple tree to center of bars. (About 7" up and 3" back...plus or minus)
Pictures would be appreciated.
Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Memphis Shades Rio Grande. It never touches the bars.
Since you mentioned your bars, it sounds like you're considering the H-D 91820-85A non-detachable one. If your Carlini bars are bigger than 1" dia, the handlebar clamps probably won't work anyway. Even if it did work, the handlebar clamps will scratch the bars. The 4 point mounting really sucks, it's hard to adjust and harder to take it off. I had a non-detachable H-D Sport Shield, 58024-96A, on a Sportster and hated it. The detachable Super Sport 57965-97A mounts to the forks only and the handlebars don't enter the picture.
Here's some pics of a Rio Grande on mine with t-bars.
edit: the last pic isn't with t-bars.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If your Carlini's are 1 1/4" I have a windvest for sale for $150. It's posted in the sale forum. I have it on my last bike but won't fit my current ride.
The Windvest is a small sports shied that will keep the bee's out of your face. Has a removealbe mounting clamp and looks great on the bike.
If you want some pics of it on my last bike email me and I will send you some. [email protected]
Later,
Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts