V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...here's the scoop...why is it that when I'm talking to other bikers I always get the stories of how "bad" some of the HD bikes are in the local area. I typically here things like - "I have a xx cubic inch motor...it'll kick any Jap bikes ass!!".

However, when I'm riding no HD rider is willing to take a performance challange?? WTF??

Not looking at starting controversy here...but I want to understand the mentality. I mean lets face it...HD is the ultimate cruiser bike - bar none. However performance is not, has never been and will more than likely never be one of their strong suits when compared to a real high performance machine!!

Please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fifth...thanks for the welcome & relpy.

My only issue is that there seems to be a bad attitide towards people that own fast bikes (crotch rockets). I am in my late 30's and need to have a machine capable of arousing my adrenal gland! However in a few more years I'll most likely want a smooth sailing cruiser machine.

What I'm really getting at is...why is there this big "dividing line"? Can't we all just get along? The main thing is that your bike does what you want it to do & you have fun doing it...like wise so does mine.

Just currious...how much HP can a big ci HD motor make (naturally...no NOS, turbo, supercharger, etc).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You got it man...'01 ZX12R w/mods...should be 175 - 180HP (at the rear wheel). All I can say is HOLD ON!

My real goal is to do what you have done...own the 12R & get a Harley for cruising, etc. Would love the new V-Rod, way cool looking bike! I just wish it sounded like a Harley! Oh well, can't have everything I guess...Fatboy is my next pick.

Thanks to all that replied...I was hoping to get some good, possitive response & not get pounded. Seems like everyone has an appreciation for both forms of bikes.

Maybe we all can get along!! :D

Maybe I'll see some of you in the Black Hills this summer!

Furrious...you should check out www.zx-12r.org great resource for 12R related items!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.