V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,...
Anyone runnin the Spoiler & Led Lite,..? I just installed them on my 03 E/glide,...does the Led lite draw alota AMPs? What ya think?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
My FLTRSEI came stock with it. I don't mind extra lights in the back for safety. I'm not sure if I would have done it if it didn't come stock, I do like them better on the chopped tour pack, I like the king tour pack for room though. Are you happy with it ???????? That's what really matters !!!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I bought the LED light with out the spoiler. Built a bracket and mounted it under the tour pack, just at the rear edge. Used the same bolts that already come out of the tour pack. Didn't have to drill any holes in the bike, and the wires to the light don't have to flex every time the tour pack lid is opened. I still have the extra tail and stop lights, but don't have to wash around the spoiler when cleaning.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I don't know how many amps they draw but LED's draw considerately less amps than a filiment bulb. I don't have one yet but but plan to add the spoiler and LED light to my 03 Ultra in the spring. By the way if you are having trouble with bulbs blowing from the vibration replace them with LED's. I had trouble with the ones on my tour pak when I first got my bike in August. Since I replaced the bulds with LED's they work fine and are brighter. I got mine a Auto Zone for about $13.00 for a pair. L little pricey compared to a conventional bulb but much cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Beingf LED's they don't draw much for current. Now if you wire them with a back-off breake light module (two wire splice job) you'll REALLY get the attention of anyone behind you when you hit the breaks.

Only wish I could afford the spoiler at this point in time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now if you wire them with a back-off breake light module (two wire splice job) you'll REALLY get the attention of anyone behind you when you hit the breaks.

I agree,....However,..I have that on my INDIAN, & alot of freinds don't like riden behind me, for THAT reason, (it scares the hell outta them, )
LOL,.........guess it works............!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts