V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got an Ultima 6sp tranny that the splines on the mainshaft where the clutch slides on are 1.89 long, They are cut passed the taper. I measured from the step by the threads to the end of the cut, On my 5sp they are 1.70 long. Can I get any of you folks out there to measure the cut? Got new 1 on the way here under warranty:clap:
THANKS FOR THE HELP ON THIS!!!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I just took a factory Ultima reman 6 speed out of the box and it measures 1.75. They are not cut into the taper on mine though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!!! That's good news hopefully the 1 they are sending me is right. The 5sp HD I have stops way before the taper. When I put this all together the back of the clutch basket hit the starter gear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the new 1 yesterday, splines cut 1.798 still a little long but I think it will work with a lil help from me.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
This has me a little concerned, could you keep us posted as to how it turns out? I'm in the parts collecting phase for a new scooter right now and won't be buying a primary drive for a month or so yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the new 1 in and was looking at my clutch when I noticed that it had a lot clearance between the back of the hub and the inside of the basket, so I pressed the hub out and checked it all out. Found that I could gain 1/8" on the backside of the hub by turning it down, I then pressed it back in, make a 1/8" spacer to go in before the clip so all is tight n spins free. (It just moved the basket out on the the hubs shaft away from the inner primary) It actually put the chain in perfect alignment. Now to send the tranny back for my credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts