V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GottaRideS'more
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to splice the Headset-out of my GPS into the Helmet-out of the Advanced Audio System on my '06 Ultra, doing the wiring behind the fairing where the wires exit the radio. I've found the correct pins and locations for Rider and Passenger left and right (common ground + Rider left and right, and Passenger left and right) and I know how to do the splicing. I don't know what components I need to seperate the two outputs from each other so I don't get "backflow". This works when I test the GPS directly into the helmet, and I've even been able to tie it into the communication system microphone system where it breaks VOX (used a 12v diode). It just doesn't break VOX soon enough to hear the entire directional instruction, and I'd just rather wire it into the headset speakers instead of the rider microphone.

The GPS appears to have stereo out. With it turned off, there is 50% resistance between left and right channel when checking continuity. I would expect 0% resistance if it were mono, but I'm pretty ignorant about what it should or shouldn't be.

Anyone know the components I need to simply splice two outputs (2 into 1) into the Rider helmet speakers assuming that the GPS is MONO. I tried a 12V diode on both right and left channels of the GPS out, but it eliminates half the signal.

I'm want to get this completed because the GPS is so cool, but I can't hear it when riding and I appreciate your help If you know of a ready-made mini combiner I'd prefer to buy that insead of making my own.

Thanks everybody.

·
GottaRideS'more
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NICE toys (above)!
Great color coordination.

I listen to the wind on the Dyna. I need gadgets when touring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts