V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed hard to remove smudging (non_removable) on you speedometer that appears to work from the outside glass to the inside. I find these smudges hard (impossible) to remove. As a matter of fact, i had my speedometer replaced due to "inside" smudging. Am I alone with this problem?
bruce

·
Registered
906 Posts
No you are not alone! I noticed this same phenomena and what I think it may be is condensation. I noticed it recently when I was washing the bike -my well water is very cold and the air temp was 90F. As I was rinsing the bike I held the hose on the speedo for about 30secs and it was a only a matter of minutes before it appeared again.

So if your washing the bike try to rinse the speedo with a water temp that is closer to ambient temp to avoid this.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I was not able to remove it the first time because I wasn't sure what it was at first, I was considering bringing it back to the dealer because I thought the speedo wasn't airtight.

The second time I washed the bike I figured it out -and this time the condensation was what cleaned up the smudge.
I would imagine if this doesn't help clean it up you may have to open up the speedo lens. :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have some on mine as well on the inside. It showed up after riding in the rain for several hours. I will get it replaced at the first opporunity - I am too busy riding it now to take in in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts