V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........just got the speedo/tach on a new Fat Boy and have to tell you that it is very hard to ever be out of the 2000 to 3000 rpms area in normal riding. you really need to push it to get over 3000. It looks great, but in my opinion not worth the $400+.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have been considering one for my road king, but was unsure if i really needed it. On one hand it seems important to know the revs, but Ive only hit the rev limiter a couple of times, and not sure why that is particularly damaging (it is harmless to an auto engine). greg

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Got one on my new 2003, and when I pick it up in two hours I'll let ya know, I already love the looks of it, and am glad I shelled out the extra ducks!:D

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
Just changed my order today and went the the mini tach. Alot cheaper and I have it on the wideglide. The dealer said 3 hours to install, @ $65 an hour I dont think so.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have the driving headlamp nacelle installed, so I can't mount a mini on my handle bar clamps.

I tell ya, I really love haveing both speed and tach in the same "eyeball" location.

Yes, I know it's expensive, but everything is in one place, and I still have all my "Idoit Lights" such as alarm, engine warmup, etc. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
JFscheck,
I saw your bike on the other post, and I have the same headlight nacelle also. I'm still wanna get that speedo, I just hate having to deal with the dealer to set the mileage. Otherwise that sucker would be on already!

·
Registered
695 Posts
99WIDEGLIDE,
Are you saying that you like the mount that came with the tach better than the billet clamp that is an extra cost? If I'm understanding you right then I'll do the same thing. It sounds like you're saying that the mini tach kit places the mount in a more forward position, is that it? If that's the case I can save the extra bucks along with the tach being more useful.

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
cox9000, the billet mount will not work on FLSTC cause of the windshield. I have to use the mount thats comes with the kit. I too liked the idea of both in the same position but the forward postion is better for keeping ours eyes on the road ahead.
My $0.02 worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.