V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I asked my friendly parts guy if the speedo/tach combos (nostalgic face) in the accessory catalog will blink the little red key when the security system is activated...He's finding the answer for me today from H-D. Apparently no one has thought to ask or even cares, I do! In the mean time it's bugging the crap out of me...does anyone here know?

:cheers:

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I've got one, complete with nostalgic face, and it does indeed flash the little red key security light when security system is activated.

Edit: Just an afterthought, if you order one of these be prepared to wait for a while to receive it, and estimate your mileage for the odometer accordingly. Once your dealer orders it, first HD has to get it from the manufacturer, the manufacturer sends it to HD so they can calibrate it and add mileage, then it gets sent out to your dealer. I've had this done twice, and both times took about 6-8 weeks.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Snaps

The wait won't be a problem as I don't intend to do this conversion for a while. Just collecting the parts. I'm modifying a new tank for 63-65 bolt on emblems, fuel line shut-offs, hidden rear mounts and a fabbed water proof old style dash to keep the bathtub underneath empty, LoL...Street Bob :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.