V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Ultra EFI with speedometer cable: I've searched the forum and found nothing related to the speedo cable senerio,lots for VSS on tranny. Any ideas on why a mechanical setup is messing with the electronic self cancelling feature?

·
Registered
487 Posts
the t sig module is driven by a reed switch in the speedo for the cancelling feature if my memory is correct it should be a white wiith green tracer from the speedo check service manuel you can test its operation by probing the wire at the flasher to ground with ohm meter and rotating the wheel and check for a pulse

·
Registered
93 Posts
LowFXS said:
1998 Ultra EFI with speedometer cable: I've searched the forum and found nothing related to the speedo cable senerio,lots for VSS on tranny. Any ideas on why a mechanical setup is messing with the electronic self cancelling feature?
You cruise should also have stopped working, along with your auto volume on the stereo, all controlled from the same reed switch.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If your saying that your speedo has stopped working, it does make sense that the auto cancel won't work. As someone else mentioned, the speedo cable is broken.

It is also a wear item. Should be lubed once a year. Just replace the cable and check the white/green wire on the back of the speedo.

The HD service manual has some good troubleshooting info on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts