V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help the books are very vage about it how do you shim wheel berrings? I have custom triple trees and axel it was a government job a couple of winters ago. it is close because when i have a passenger no wabble when it is cold no problem. I know it is the spacing i just dont know how to fix it? 12" apes and a 60ish mph wabble not cool

·
Registered
322 Posts
you need to start over ,slo down ,think, check over everything, then look at tires , then articulate your problem better.info is like gold the more ya got the better ya feel. ride hard cb

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clb said:
you need to start over ,slo down ,think, check over everything, then look at tires , then articulate your problem better.info is like gold the more ya got the better ya feel. ride hard cb
sorry I been at this all day and as soon as im ready to walk away i think hey dumb ass you have a problem yourself. I have a new tire 2 seasons pro install and ballance 2 times. I put a rear mag from a 94 sporty put it on my front. I had a set of triple trees made axel and all. I used the shims that were for that rim. this is where it gets funky, when i am alone and the temp outside is worm 80 lets say 50-70mph shake controlable counter steer goes away. now if i have a passenger no wobble fast as you want? if it is cold 50-60 outside it never gets hot enough no wobble? If you go far enough it will 200 miles. shim the wheel berrings is all that is left. Meat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts