V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Special edition?

A friend told me that there was a special edition Dale Earnhardt Harley that was going to be available. All the information that he had was that there were going to be 333 made and will list for @ $50,000. Has anyone heard of this or have any information on the model or anything?

Later,

edit note: jeeezus, I didn't even recognize my own post at first. My spelling is getting a bad southern draw. LOL. I corrected some of it for you guys.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I did some checking and found out that the info came from the April Cycleworld magazine. It was misleading enough for a non- Harley rider to believe that it was a Harley Davidson I guess. My friend insisted that it was a Harley. Actually the article stated that this company built some fine HD customs. This Dale E. model does use a Harley Twin Cam 95" engine with screaming eagle parts though. I thought it was kinda strange for Harley to be puting out a special limited edition such as this just before their 100th anniversary models. It just didn't sound right.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yup, they are made here in Phoenix by Paul Yaffe.

Extremely good looking bike, because it is a custom on one hand and a very clean and simple bike on the other, and for the most part it is blacked out instead of chromed.

The first one was built for a local dude that owns a big company that deals with NASCAR licensed merchandise. You should even be able to buy a model of the bike soon. It is this guys deal, Paul is just building the bikes.

If I happen to be carrying a camera I'll take a picture for you. I'm fairly certain to run into the bike again during bike week.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Hippo. I'm sure it is a fine bike. I just thought that HD was putting it out. I would like to see a picture though.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Just read the first post before I responded. Always carry a camera when on the bike, so if I run into this thing again when on the bike, I'll shoot it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts