V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,
I have EG and would like to know what largest size of speakers I can put in fairing, what is the good brand , and any other thing I need for installation.
tnx

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
hi ,
I have EG and would like to know what largest size of speakers I can put in fairing, what is the good brand , and any other thing I need for installation.
tnx
Largest is the J&M 7.25" Rokkers.. They sound pretty good and can be had for a fair price if you shop around... I would definitely drive them with an amp, such as the Arc Audio ks125.2 BX which you can find on eBay for around $200...

If you buy adapter rings you can put a wide variety of 6.5" speakers in your fairing. I am currently running JL Audio C5 650x's in the fairing and lowers. It sound great. Focal, Hertz, Morel, Image Dynamics, Critical Mass and many others make good speakers that will fit, it all depends on yours ears and your budget.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Largest is the J&M 7.25" Rokkers.. They sound pretty good and can be had for a fair price if you shop around... I would definitely drive them with an amp, such as the Arc Audio ks125.2 BX which you can find on eBay for around $200...

If you buy adapter rings you can put a wide variety of 6.5" speakers in your fairing. I am currently running JL Audio C5 650x's in the fairing and lowers. It sound great. Focal, Hertz, Morel, Image Dynamics, Critical Mass and many others make good speakers that will fit, it all depends on yours ears and your budget.
hi sublime,
where I can get this adapter rings to fit stock hole to new large speakers. I have hogtune amp and is good for now and I want to
try some bigger speakers if I put volume to high than I got distored sound and is hard to listen to it on highway speed. Hope bigger speakers will improve sound quality if not than I will put big car amp. tanks as always.
grof

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
The Arc ks125.2 is small and sits on top of your radio. The distortion is your stereo clipping because there's not enough power. The amp is key to high volume and clean sound.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Sublime, you re running the KS 125.4 (4 channel) arent you? Thats what Im running and have it bridged.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I've blown throught my second pair of Hertz 6.5" already within 1 yr. I seem to be blowing the tweeter right out of the middle of the speaker. Looking for a new brand myself.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Do you wash your fairing with water?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Not the inside of my fairing, only a wet towel wipe down. I think the tweeters maybe busting off due to vibration or maybe they rub up against the speaker screen and vibrate till they break.. The speakers still sound decent enough without the tweeter to get me buy till Firecap puts the newest and greatest speakers through a test to see which brand I try next.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Interesting, my hertz speakers lasted me a year and a half without issue, but I replaced them cause I get bored with stereo equipment :)

I sold them and as far as I know they are still going strong. I'll ping the guy I sold 'em to...

·
WFO
817 Posts
Biketronics has recently come out with another speaker similar in price to the Hertz they claim superior quality to Hertz sound good a little tighter bass

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Not sure why but my Hertz tweeter stems snap every time. Next thing I know I have a tweeter rattling around in my speaker. I will give Hertz this, with the tweeter missing they still sound decent enough that I didn't tear them
Out at 80 mph.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I too am considering a stereo upgrade. Was leaning towards the Hertz 6.5" based on Sublime's past experience he has stated in other posts. Tweeters breaking has me concerned. Haven't chosen an amp yet, not sure what my options are. Also heard of the "new" Hertz, but haven't heard good or bad on them yet.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I too am considering a stereo upgrade. Was leaning towards the Hertz 6.5" based on Sublime's past experience he has stated in other posts. Tweeters breaking has me concerned. Haven't chosen an amp yet, not sure what my options are. Also heard of the "new" Hertz, but haven't heard good or bad on them yet.
Firecap501 is pretty knowledgable on this forum and his prices and service are great. I'm waiting for his latest and greatest suggestions as he puts all brands through a "how much can you take before you break test"

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey all,

Don't want to hijack this thread, but also don't think i should start another speaker upgrade thread...

I have a 2012 ultra CVO and i want to upgrade the audio system without changing the head unit...

I would like to get people opinions on what speakers, Amps, configurations, they would recommend... I have about 5k i'm willing to spend on this project and would like to get a set up that will really sound amazing. I'm thinking about installing lower fairing speakers, and would rather not, but willing to replace some of the smaller gages with tweeters if needed.

I know each person has his/her opinion on hear, and there is no right answer... I've been researching this for a while and would like to se what you all recommend.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
$5000? Should be no problem with that amount of cash

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol... i realize it shouldn't be a problem...: ) i'm looking for recommendations... and suggestions on how to go about doing it, if i wanted to keep the stock head unit

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
lol... i realize it shouldn't be a problem...: ) i'm looking for recommendations... and suggestions on how to go about doing it, if i wanted to keep the stock head unit
You willing to put speakers in your bag lids?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i already have rear speakers in the rear seat... thought about saddle bag speakers... anything is an option at this moment

1 - 20 of 62 Posts