V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even when the radio is off?
Was talking to the Hog Tunes folks today, and they said it's not normal, usually a loose ground. Haven't had time to pull the seat and check there, but the one at the steering head is tight.
Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine do it all the time. i just haven't got around to lookin for the reason yet. i guess it's been poppin' all year and everything still works.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the stock (factory) radio on my EG Calssic, and it's "popped' like you describe since new (February). I never really thought it was odd, until now. I'll check the ground.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Mine pops too on our Ultra. Kind of a static pop right when I flip the ignition switch. Been doing it since day one. Zero impact on operation.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My 04 classic does it when I turn the ignition on, off, or set the alarm with the key fob. Its always done it and always worked fine. :dunno:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, mine has always done it, too.
It was just always kind of a background thing with the stock speakers, but it's kind of "in your face" w/ the more gooder Hog Tunes units. If it's that common, I'll probably just add it to the list of annoying crap that's "normal" on my bike. :D

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Radio pop

Blue Glider said:
I have the stock (factory) radio on my EG Calssic, and it's "popped' like you describe since new (February). I never really thought it was odd, until now. I'll check the ground.

My 2000 Ultra has always done it, I just considered it normal. I now have HogTunes... but it did it pre-HogTunes. The pop is clearer and louder now. LOL
Mitchell in VA

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Same here with my 2003. I gots the Hog Tunes too. Oh, BTW RiffRaff, thats more gooderer, not gooder. Loin youse engalishes wilt yas?

·
Registered
603 Posts
The popping may be due to inadequate speaker wire shielding (speaker wires near another hot wire) or a ground loop. The easiest thing to try 1st might be installing a ground loop isolator.

JMS in TX

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Dave

When we spoke--I thought you meant the speakers popped when you turned the radio on--not the bike--Yeah--mine does that to-sorry for the confusion.

PEZ (Damn Canadians)

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhhhh. :D
One less thing to do today, eh?
Thanks for the clarification.
It was nice talking to you, BTW!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts