V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted speakers in there fairing lowers? If so how was this accomplished?

I seen this picture of an Ultra with speakers in the lowers and thought it was a good idea. Maybe the rear speaker wires on the Ultra could simply be routed to the lowers and those speakers or hogtunes could be mounted.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I think it looks ghetto. I would rather have speakers behind me like on the Ultra. I like to have the sound surround me instead of having it all in front of me if I had four speakers. But that's only my likes.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I haven't seen him around here for a bit, but J.Morton, a member here, has them installed on his bike and could help you out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DLL66 said:
I think it looks ghetto. I would rather have speakers behind me like on the Ultra. I like to have the sound surround me instead of having it all in front of me if I had four speakers. But that's only my likes.
Well isn’t that great! I’m sure glad you told us all how you feel.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
...I got some lowers that I want to try that on.

Clean install is the key. I don't know if I could do it myself and make it look factory. I bet some car audio place could build a glass box that would fit exactly.

Hooking the speakers up isn't hard at all, it's the presentation. :D

One more thing to add to the list of "To-Do's" for the bike...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard this yesterday:

Hawg-Wired will be coming out with a direct glove box replacement with speakers.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
I think it's a disadvantage putting the speakers down there. It moves the sound further away from you ears. While doing 70mph on the interstate. Can you hear the sound with it being right at your knees? :huh:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
The speakers point up from the lowers... if you have some, look at the angle of the glove box face.

Plus they aren't the ONLY speakers (at least that's how I want to set mine up, with a dead center cycles fairing)... you still got some in the front.

A pre-made unit... good idea Hawg-wired! Looks like we're going to have a lot of "ghetto" scoots riding around in the future. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m going for Dolby surround sound! If 2 speakers are good on a Classic and 4 speakers are good on an Ultra then 6 speakers is Ghetto fabulous!!!

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Just wondering, are they a 6 in speakers? Here is my thing about adding speakers. It isn't how many speakers you put into a vehicle or motorcycle, it is quality of the sound. If adding speakers to the lowers does this, fine. I've seen vehicles that were "over accerorized" which makes them "ghetto" looking. Now if some body would want to go full out "ghetto", how about subs woofers in the saddle bags!! :laugh: I've actually heard a technician at a Harley dealer wanting to do this to his EG Standard, along with putting a DVD player. Oh yeah, I'm grown up enough!! :hystria:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have 6.5" Sony X-Plod's mounted in my lowers:

http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/image/47853106

I'm not sure about the appearance, but they sound awesome(I have two more 6.5" X-Plod's in the DF fairing). It doesn't hurt that I have a true 150 watt rms per channel(at .05%)Alpine AMP in my left saddle bag powering the system.

The speakers fit almost perfect, I filled the GB with acoustic padding before putting the speakers in & sealed around them with black silicone.

~John

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jmorton10 said:
I have 6.5" Sony X-Plod's mounted in my lowers:

http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/image/47853106

I'm not sure about the appearance, but they sound awesome(I have two more 6.5" X-Plod's in the DF fairing). It doesn't hurt that I have a true 150 watt rms per channel(at .05%)Alpine AMP in my left saddle bag powering the system.

The speakers fit almost perfect, I filled the GB with acoustic padding before putting the speakers in & sealed around them with black silicone.

~John
Now that’s what I’m talking about, sweet looking setup! Can you explain in a little more detail how you mounted the speakers? Did you add something to the GB to attach/screw them into?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts