V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to upgrade the factory speakers on my '07 Street Glide. I am looking for recomendations from those who have replaced thier factory speakers on thier H/K systems. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Went with J&M's.I dont have to turn the volume up like I did with the stock speakers.They sound great!
Hogtunes,JBL,J&M and others are much better than stock.
 

·
repeat offender
Joined
·
691 Posts
I like my hogtunes but I'm thinking of getting an amplifier... I run the volume full on when I'm on the freeway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
one word "HOGTUNES" !!! well maybe 2 words, you might want to add "AMP" to the mix and you will be very Happy with Pez, also ask him about his Genuine Saskatchewan Seal Skin Leather he provides with his speaker sets! (He will know who told you that) LOL! find them here : http://www.hogtunes.com/speakers.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Hey all

You should checkout www.hogtunes.com/softwareupdates.htm --hit the download button, and print off the pdf. Follow the instructions to determine which software is in your radio. ESPECIALLY FOR US 06 OWNERS, installing V8.9 can make a nice improvement in volume. Even newer bikes can benifit from this--worth the blank CD it costs in my opinion! If guys with front speakers only call looking for the amp I always suggest doing this first to make sure the radio is as loud as it can be BEFORE $$ gets spent on an amp

If you do this MAKE SURE you burn the CD a slow speed like 1x or no faster than 2x or the download wont work.

RIDE SAFE eh--PEZ
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
181 Posts
I have been pretty happy with my stock speakers on the 07. What is the biggest change with the hog tunes or JBLs? Louder sound given the same input or Better quality sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,981 Posts
Pezsez said:
Hey all

You should checkout www.hogtunes.com/softwareupdates.htm --hit the download button, and print off the pdf. Follow the instructions to determine which software is in your radio. ESPECIALLY FOR US 06 OWNERS, installing V8.9 can make a nice improvement in volume. Even newer bikes can benifit from this--worth the blank CD it costs in my opinion! If guys with front speakers only call looking for the amp I always suggest doing this first to make sure the radio is as loud as it can be BEFORE $$ gets spent on an amp

If you do this MAKE SURE you burn the CD a slow speed like 1x or no faster than 2x or the download wont work.

RIDE SAFE eh--PEZ
Hey Pez, are you seeing the 08's with the latest version of software?
THANKS...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Hey All

To my knowledge, the 08's are coming with V8.19 (aka poison) Its job was to stop the clocks from gaining time--then so was V8.11........wish they would get that one right

Anyways V8,19 turns the radio down, and causes trouble codes to shoot on the bike when ANY amplifier is present (HD included). The only benefit 8.19 seems to have is that the radio will turn on to the last source (IE FM CD ETC)

If 8.19 is in the radio, you can put 8.9 back in, most guys have noticed a nice improvement. I always have a copy of 8.9 for whenever I do installs

Hope this helps...eh :)--PEZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
My 03 is 8 ohm speakers. What would the prob be with using 4 ohm speakers ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Hey Posse

Before Hogtunes started, I was using several different car audio (4 ohm speakers) to see what would work best--I gues if I found one that really worked, I would nt have started Hogtunes :) Anyways, we put a stock radio through HELL using 4 ohm speakers and no issue. There is something up with some Road Glides which is still a gremlin to us cause its the same radio as batwing bikes--anyways, the 4 ohm speakers in my opinion are no issue

PEZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
I think I'd like to upgrade my old '03, trouble free RadioSounds to one of the newer, fancier HK units. Just so I have the opportunity to download thangs to correct problems that should've been corrected before the units started being installed...........:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
MindInMyOwnBiz said:
What is the biggest change with the hog tunes or JBLs? Louder sound given the same input or Better quality sound?
When I installed the new J&M's it was louder better quality.With the stock speakers(06 Road Glide)sometimes on the freeway the volume would have to be turned all the way up.Now it's about half way.
I'm sure the other brands would be the same.
I guess it's the increase of speaker wattage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,981 Posts
Hey Pez, I downloaded the files but I guess I don't know how to unzip them. When I click on the files they just say windows canot access the files. I am a total cimputer idiot, what am I doing wrong? Also, how do I make my cd burner record at slow speed?
Anyone?
thanks..
X

Nevermind, I got it..... and just for reference, the radio radio on my bike which was built week before last had version 8.19, it has 8.9 now thanks to Pez!

Thanks PEZ!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
Pezsez said:
Hey Posse

Before Hogtunes started, I was using several different car audio (4 ohm speakers) to see what would work best--I gues if I found one that really worked, I would nt have started Hogtunes :) Anyways, we put a stock radio through HELL using 4 ohm speakers and no issue. There is something up with some Road Glides which is still a gremlin to us cause its the same radio as batwing bikes--anyways, the 4 ohm speakers in my opinion are no issue

PEZ

Thanks Pez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Just put 4ohm Mb Quarts in my 06 Ultra this week and no problems. Fit like a glove and sound fantastic. Put the radio software back to v8.9 and now these speakers rock. Best $93 I have spent on the bike.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top