V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what type of spark plug to use? 2006 Ultra with 95" big bore, 1550 flat top cast pistons, 204 cams, stock heads, SE race fueler, V&H true dual headers, V&H oval mufflers.
The stealership recommended SE performance plugs. Some riders say just use regular plugs. Any experience or thoughts on this?
I only have 650 total miles on the bike, still has OEM plugs, 400 miles since the 95" build.
On another note looking for feedback on this issue: The engine seems to run just ok. Some slight hesitation at different rpm, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times to start (on first start of the day) & revs to 1900-2000 rpm for a few seconds then drops to 1000. Not sure if it needs more break in time, an injector problem as noted from a previous post regarding a service bulletin on 2006 injectors or the race fueler not performing correctly.
thanks for the input,
ken.

·
Registered
293 Posts
KRATC said:
Wondering what type of spark plug to use? 2006 Ultra with 95" big bore, 1550 flat top cast pistons, 204 cams, stock heads, SE race fueler, V&H true dual headers, V&H oval mufflers.
The stealership recommended SE performance plugs. Some riders say just use regular plugs. Any experience or thoughts on this?
I only have 650 total miles on the bike, still has OEM plugs, 400 miles since the 95" build. Quote KRATC

I had a 02 FXST SE BB kit, flat tops, 203 cams, stock head, D&D staggered pipes. Dynoed at 77 HP and 96 TQ. ran it for over 8,000 miles on stock plugs.
SE plugs cost more and have no advantage in performace for what builid you have.
run it for awhile, maybe a good tunner is what you need. JMHO
Oh, you didn't state if your using a PCIII or SERT?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I figured that stock plugs would probably be ok with the mild build that I have.
In response to Red02 FXST, I do not have the PCIII or the SERT. I had the SE Race Fueler installed. The bike was dynoed at 70 hp & 83 tq at the rear wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts