V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where might be some good soures for used accessories for my RC? In my case I'm looking for a tour pac (rear trunk) and the detachable sissy bar. Seems like there must be lots of stuff available?

thx, greg

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
gbenner said:
Where might be some good soures for used accessories for my RC? In my case I'm looking for a tour pac (rear trunk) and the detachable sissy bar. Seems like there must be lots of stuff available?

thx, greg
hi gbenner. One of the best sources that I've found for new and used parts for Harleys is Ebay. I have seen and bought new parts at prices less than than half price. The used parts are often take offs which sometimes can be had for nearly nothing. The key is to look often because they appear out of the blue. Often it's a matter of trying different search words. For instance; when I was looking for the floorboard kit for my Dyna I typed in floorboards . Well the only ones that I ever saw come up were the polished ones and I wanted the chromed kit. Then one day I typed in floorboard which to my surprise came the chromed floorboard kit which was listed as 'floorboard' kit. So not only did I find them, I found that they were going for not much more than the polished ones primarily because they wern't being found in a search for floorboards I feel.

There are many swap meets in most areas that often have parts that you may want. It's kind of like shopping at fleemarkets or garage sales, you may have to look awhile before you find something that you really like but they can be fun to attend as well. There are used part dealers on the web that can be found using a search engine. Also many of the forums such as this one have catagories for buying and selling. Good luck in your search and happy riding.

Later

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thease guys claim to be cheap for new OEM parts. I don't know what your prices are like over there???

www.cycle-parts.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts