V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about that. I ment to say does anyone use k&n oil filters? Are they a 10 micron oil filter? Any input good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dont know about the oil but the air works great.In my new bikes all I use is HD oil and filters.My son is a HD tech and that is all he will use.Rocky

·
Registered
629 Posts
I use one, can't remember the specs off hand. I use the 3001, which is the equivalent of the Fram PH8A (lots of Fords use them). Haven't had any problems that I can attribute to the filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry about that. I ment to say does anyone use k&n oil filters? Are they a 10 micron oil filter? Any input good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, I've used K&N oil filters in all my cars and in the truck. I'll use 'em on the bikes too if I find a local supplier.

The K&N is about an 18 micron filter at 90% efficiency (it has a high flow rate) and is manufactured by Champion Labs - as is the Mobil 1, AC Delco UltraGuard, STP, Bosch Premium and many other high quality brands. Also, along with the Mobil 1 they have the thickest, strongest cases of any non-race specific full flow filter.

Here are a couple of links to oil and filter sites, you might find interesting: (WARNING - Highly Anal :D)
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi
Engine Oil Filter Study

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Thealien said:
Don't use rev-tech anything !!!!
Any particular reason you made this statement? I had heard some complaints about their motors & trans not being too good.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would like to hear more about negative Rev Tech (I get what ever is on the shelf).....had a bud who had bad luck with one of their 100 " motors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts