V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted another thread regarding the HD mp3 player and realized it can get quite spendy by the time you add other sd cards and such. I did alittle checking and found that another stereo might do the trick. Any suggestions? and where can i get the interface cable to use the handle bar controls? thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
The biketronics kit ( http://www.biketron.com/item.html?PRID=1513808 ) is the easiest way to put an aftermarket stereo in...although your choices are limited to SONY products.

Another option is to use a PAC-Swix from pacific accessory corporation. It is the same device used in cars to adapt the steering wheel buttons to work with aftermarket stereos. If you go this route, you will be able to choose from thousands of stereos that have infrared remote control ability.

It is highly recommended that you get a stereo with electronic anti-shock memory buffers, to prevent skips....some stereos handle the bumps better than others, but better to eliminate the problem up front.

Use the search feature on the site to look for previous discussions containing this same information and you'll find I did a fairly extensive search and listing of stereos that have the electronic skip protection.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Seahag knows what he's talking about. I have the Biketronics kit with a Sony CD/MP3 player. It's not the best setup as it skips on the bumps. More so while playing MP3s. If I were to do it all over again I think I would go with the Pac-swix kit and go with a high end unit with better anti skip buffers. When I did the Biketronics kit I sold my old stereo on E-bay for far more then what I paid for the kit and new Sony unit. I made around $300 on the whole deal.
It's a good way to upgrade and not spend any money.
I am happy with my Sony unit as It's better then stock but I know there is much better to be had.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i forget the model numbers, butt sony offers a higer end unit with clide out cd tray ( like your computer) this will not skip. have had one in my car for four years and listen to classical (diamond audio with 2200 watts rms) while autocrossing. you can also connect a hrdwire remote via bus link, xm, changer etc, in daisy chain via the buslink.
sound is excellent and not colored like many units. have won many sound quality comps with this unit.
and has never skipped in my 95 mustang with stiffened suspension and very aggressive driving habits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts