V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sonny Barger, notorious Hell's Angel founder and President :D will be at the Border's book store in Mesa (on Alma School Rd.) tonight at 7 p.m... Hell, I didn't even know he was still around! What a trip - from outlaw and Rolling Stones bodyguard to renowned author... :chopper:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know - bodyguard not the best term :wacko: - just that the Altamont thing was so notorious :nunu: ... Sonny lives in/near Cave Creek I think. I decided to roll in to the book store and he was there alright. Went ahead and got his book and said hello... Funny scene - a bunch of us bikers in line and girls from the Borders coffee shop running around serving free mudslides with whipped cream...

·
Premium Member
10,494 Posts
sonny

AZFlyingDiver said:
Yeah, I know - bodyguard not the best term :wacko: - just that the Altamont thing was so notorious :nunu: ... Sonny lives in/near Cave Creek I think. I decided to roll in to the book store and he was there alright. Went ahead and got his book and said hello... Funny scene - a bunch of us bikers in line and girls from the Borders coffee shop running around serving free mudslides with whipped cream...
He has a shop on Cave Creek and sweetwater area.

·
PHUCKING BIKER!
636 Posts
shop in cave creek closed after hoover got capped

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
I've heard all of the crap and negativity about Mr. Barger since I found out who he was in 1966. And most of those opinions are crap. It seems you can't say 'Altamont' without mentioning his name. Yet, he wasn't the guy with the gun. How in the world an aggressor with a gun can magically flip his lawlessness to a guy sitting on the side of the stage having a beer is beyond me. And this comes from 'bikers.'

In his life he: customized motorcycles, he got into a few saloon scuffles, he got an unfair shake from a RICO vendetta and he wrote a book. Many of the same people who criticize him haven't even read a book much less written one.

And then, like supposed hero Lance Armstrong, he beats cancer.

When his final chapter is told it is clear that he will be remembered not for what he destroyed, but for what he built.

·
Registered
769 Posts
sonny should be getting a check every month from HD ,,, after all it is the bad boy image that he and the hells angels created that HD as been selling for all these years ......The reality is ,, he is a convicted fellon .... but no doubt a stand up guy. And yup i have read his book .......rat

·
PHUCKING BIKER!
636 Posts
The Tourist said:
I've heard all of the crap and negativity about Mr. Barger since I found out who he was in 1966. And most of those opinions are crap. It seems you can't say 'Altamont' without mentioning his name. Yet, he wasn't the guy with the gun. How in the world an aggressor with a gun can magically flip his lawlessness to a guy sitting on the side of the stage having a beer is beyond me. And this comes from 'bikers.'

In his life he: customized motorcycles, he got into a few saloon scuffles, he got an unfair shake from a RICO vendetta and he wrote a book. Many of the same people who criticize him haven't even read a book much less written one.

And then, like supposed hero Lance Armstrong, he beats cancer.

When his final chapter is told it is clear that he will be remembered not for what he destroyed, but for what he built.
SAY WHAT????????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sonny Barger, notorious Hell's Angel founder and President :D will be at the Border's book store in Mesa (on Alma School Rd.) tonight at 7 p.m... Hell, I didn't even know he was still around! What a trip - from outlaw and Rolling Stones bodyguard to renowned author... :chopper:
Humans evolving worldly by just touching a hand held screen has me🤯 still. Harley - Honda!,
Won't be long before we touch, push, pull on our handheld device to mundane travel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts