V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tough time around the holidays, Mom died the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago. A long relationship ended a week before christmas (ended up throwing the Christmas tree out a third story window), funny story now, not then. A while back I criticised a few of you for having part numbers for Christmas lists. I hope all had a great holiday with freinds family and loved ones !!! The commercialization of the world and the "ME" society kind of gets to me. What does this have to do with anything ??? Nothing really but humor me, today or this weekend pick up a card or write a note to your wife, husband, boyfreind, girlfriend, son, daughter, mistress whatever and see the reaction you get from the unexpected gesture of kindness. Pick up the phone and call your friend or relative you have been meaning to call. Visit the cancer or aids wing of your local hospital, we are truly very lucky and sometimes take it for granted. Today I read about the Highwayman, life is too short, my condolences!!

Quite a few of you have PMed me or Emailed or posted on the forum showing concern for me over the past week. I am well, thank you for asking. A few of you want to know why I left, it doesn't matter I have spoken with those I have issue with lets move on. I don't think we should forget what has happened, it just does not need to be discussed, there are more reasons many of which are/were personal. Lastly on this topic and I will say no more (please do not respond to me or anyone about the next statement, it is merely an observation) A thread petitioning my return by 15-20 people requesting my return has been deleted, not very respectfull to those people. I know it was done with good intentions, I just disagree with it !!! LET THIS DIE PLEASE !!!

This is a plea to all that read this long winded thread. Think and read your words before you submit reply or new thread. I have never deleted any of my posts (edited for grammatical errors) I would like to think I have tried to be civil with all even when we disagree. I love a good debate, lets try to do it without idiot, moron, etc, etc. The couple people that I have offended, I have either PMed or Emailed them an apology. I do not intend to disrespect anyone and their opinion, you're entitled to it as much as I am. This is the greatest forum I have found, lets not ruin it.

I have noyiced the poularity of this place double in the last couple of months. (from 30 members online at any given time to 50-60). What is the value of this place to you all ??? I am so proud of novice for passing his MSF with the help and guidence of this forum, priceless if you ask me. We pay $50.00 a month for DSL, cable, cell phones. $15-20,000 for our bikes. If you have not helped David out with a donation please do, if you have please donate again or we won't have this place too much longer !! I am not computer savvy (wish I was, someone want to teach me ?) but I bet David could use some help !!

We all have differing opinions on Iraq, taxes, enviromental issues, motorcycle legislation. When was the last time you sent an Email or letter to the president, your congressman, or representative ??? Imagine the clout we would have if they recieved a million or more letters today!! I constantly read about the polls, nobody has called me how about you ??? Lets tell them how we feel. Our inaction is their victory.

Clinton is an ass, so is George W and Gore probably would have been too !! It seems as if we are going to war regardless of our opinions (write those letters). I pray none of our friends, sons, daughters come home in a bag or disabled but I fear the worst, they have my total support regardless of whether I agree or not !!! We have veterans living in urine stained cardboard boxes while draft dodgers live in the capitol. They were denied health care for agent orange and gulf war syndrome while politicians get free healthcare and would probably not have to pay to get their venereal disease taken care of after boning an intern or mistress, where is the outrage over this stuff ??? I am confused and pissed off (and yes I am a pain in the ass to my elected officials)!!

We talk freedom that no longer exists. Homeland security invades our constitutional rights !! He who gives up liberty for safety deserves neither !!! Read Gerry Spence's book "FROM FREEDOM TO SLAVERY THE REBIRTH OF TYRANNY IN AMERICA" I have just finished it and will send it to the first person that asks, just forward it to someone else when you are finished.

On to the introduction (long overdue)

Both my parents rode motorcycles (both hondas and the only foreign vehicle they ever owned) and I decided to ride one based on the fact you could ride at 16 on a permit without a licensed driver present, FREEDOM. My school bus dropped me off at work on the way home from school where I worked 40 hours a week after school (taking the motorcycle was way more cool). I owned a couple of kawasaki 1000's that I crashed once at 90 miles an hour and twice at 60 (walked away with only road rash each time, lucky not smart) wish they had a safety course back then. Due to all my crashes my parents gave up motorcycles, I just stopped crashing, road rash sucks !!!

After a few years on foreign bikes I saw the light, I wanted a Harley. This was about 1984 and I was 24 years old living on my own with little extra money. For one year I ate macaroni and cheese (6 for a buck) and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches until I had $3,750 and bought a mint used 1977 FXE and I loved that bike. I was pictured in Easyrider magazine in the October 1987 issue, laconia story, I am on the right. I was hit on that bike in Laconia by another bike (instant rat bike). December of 1987 I purchased my first new Harley a 1988 FXRS, I beat the sh!t out of that bike putting 60,000 miles on it doing wheelies, bake shows and well being me. HD's were not selling well for a while there and there was no trade in value on a used HD with those kind of miles, I customized it with Dave Perewitz and won a few trophy's. I realized I like to ride and not clean and sold the bike at half what I had into it.

Since then I have owned a 1984 wide glide, two 1200 sportsters, three ultra classics (my first ultra classic was the only bike I could get in 1984 without waiting so I bought it with the intentions of trading soon). I found out the touring bikes are quite agile, I can bring lots of stuff (and many of my friends who critisise it ask me if I have room for their stuff constantly). I also ride more months and miles than them because of the added wheather protection. My present bike is a 2000 screaming eagle road glide with the first year of a factory installed 95 inch motor. I also ride this bike hard doing whheelies and bake shows (remember my floorboard picture). I have a friend on this forum named Edy (sorry ED) who has ridden with me and tolerates my childish riding habits (I do not endanger anyone, I am actually a pretty good rider, no accidents or tickets in 15 years, averaging 20,000 miles and riding in boston traffic).

Well maybe we can take this as a new beginning and start over, remember we all have one thing in common, we love to ride !!!

If you made it this far, thanks for your patience and understanding. I don't want to lose this place or any of my friends !!

Mark aka thealien aka the rusty knight, and asshole to some

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Mark, Sorry to hear that you did not have a good holiday season. Hopefully things will improve. I read your entire message and was glad to see that Alien has made his return. BTW, great BIO, intro, whatever.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Great intro, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
381 Posts
wonderful words, I had just written a long lost friend before reading this and have been inspired to keep my resolution and reintroduce myself to some other long lost friends.

nice to have you back

life is to short

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Glad your back man. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
401 Posts
TA it's obvious that you did some heavy thinking & soul searching over the hiatus. I hope most folks read all the way through your post.

Glad to have you back.
Rod

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Hey Mark, Glad your back. I'll take the book if not spoken for. Check your PM's. Great story too! Sorry, Don't have time to think of any insights now nor the time to rethink about em'! Later,:Dennis

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Welcome back! Way to make an entrance!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hey NEWBIE, tell us a little about yer self.;) I hope others will follow. Life is short and so is my attention span so don't pull that shitt again.:D Good ta hear your still kicken. Peace

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thealien has once agian landed. Welcome home, this is your planet too. Great read.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts