·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a low profile solo seat for my 07 Road King

·
Registered
371 Posts
i've got a corbin hollywood solo. it was bought new in '01. think it sold for 350. it has about 100 miles on it and has been stored ever since. i just looked on ebay and the cheapest one i saw was 269 i think. buck and a half plus shipping would get mine if youre interested.just email me at [email protected]. had planned on ebaying next month but would rather sell it hear to someone who needs it. thanks-head

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head,
do you know if it will fit an 07?

·
Registered
371 Posts
sorry bout that. i thought i had read that 97-07 seats were interchangebale. but i just did some research at corbins site and it looks like 97-05 and 06 and up are different seats. i dont know whats different but i wouldnt take the chance.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I think that the difference is in the 05 corbin seat. I think that the old corbin will fit up to an 07, the 08s are different. Corbin got a new system in 05 for mounting thier new seats.

·
Registered
371 Posts
well, thats what i was thinking. the one i have is for 97-05 for sure. the rear of the seat mounts where the two intermediate mounts points are on the rear fender. like where the front seat would mount on the two peice flhr seats. the seat then has a flap that goes over these holes to hide it. its a way slammed seat but puts you back in the saddle some.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I just ordered a Corbin Classic Solo.

The seat that fits which year is confusing. For instance:

Corbins makes three different Classic Solo seats. One to fit 1997 to 2005, One to fit 2006 and 2007. Okay, so you'd assume some major difference right. Well, the same seat for Road King Custom fits 2004 to 2007 which overlaps the other two. The ONLY difference for the Custom is the way the seat meets the different shaped dash panel. So I'd have to assume (dangerous I know) that the dash on the '06 and '07 bikes are somehow different. With that said, my Mustang touring seat and Badlander seat is for a regular Road King and fit my bike fine which has the RK Custom dash.

I couldn't find anyone at Corbin that knew what about each seat was different - hence my assumption.

Oh yeah, since Corbin didn't have anyone that seemed to know anything, I ordered the seat for a Road King Custom.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
head said:
well, thats what i was thinking. the one i have is for 97-05 for sure. the rear of the seat mounts where the two intermediate mounts points are on the rear fender. like where the front seat would mount on the two peice flhr seats. the seat then has a flap that goes over these holes to hide it. its a way slammed seat but puts you back in the saddle some.
So you think it will fit??

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
mickey, won't the rear pillion come off, and the driver seat stay on?

and use some smaller retaining nuts on the driver seat.

i rode my RK like that for a while.
the stock seat looks fat and frumpy, though.

do you need that low profile look?

Attachments

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep,
looking for a low-profile seat

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
This is not first hand, but from what I understand on the Corbins I think the 2007/2008 pan is different to take into account the change in the way Harley has the wiring running under the seat. I've spoken to a couple of people that say the earlier seats don't fit right becasue the late models have the wiring in a plastic tube that runs along the frame.

I have a Mustang Solo/Pillion w/o drivers backrest if you are interested.
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1230678&postcount=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts