V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my stock Deuce seat and the Badlander seat, I recently purchased another stock seat on ebay and want to have it cut and shaved to make a "bare bones" ridin' on the frame type of solo seat. I know the full seats attach in the back but how do the "solo" seats attach to the bike.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There are 2 holes in the fender. One in the middle of the fender for a 2-up seat, and one closer up for a solo seat. there should be a little plastic cap in the other hole. Just pop it out and replace it with another seat nut from underneath. That's the way it is on my Dyna anyway. I just put that little cap in the fender hole that isn't being used at the time. It should be the same for the Deuce...........

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Harley solo seat that I have on my 02 Deuce uses the 2 forward fender support bolts. Hope this helps.:cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, EOD you wouldn't happen to have a close up pic you could email me or post

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have one right now but if you can wait I'll take one tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
You'll need to purchase a cover for the fender to hide the holes/caps that are there if you choose to use a sissy bar. What a scam!:mad: Why would the moco think we would put a sissy bar behind a solo seat? The cover costs $110 and can be found on page 234 of the '02 (I think) catalog. This will also refer you to page 241 for a paint reference. It's page 249!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Chingon, Here are some pics from my bike. The brackets are on the strut bolt under the the D.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
EOD, did you have a hard time getting the brackets in the slot for the bolts? I did and figure it may have had to do with the fact that the bike was leaning on the kickstand at the time. Once I got the brackets in the left side bolt was tough getting started. Ifin' I ever need to remove it I will try to use the floor jack if possible. I wish the fender had a solo bolt hole but my guess is that there are far too many different style seats.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fourhour, I really didn't have to much of a problem and I did mine while it was on the kickstand also. I have taken it off a couple of times since and it is much easier now that I have a lift.:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics and info, looks like I will have to fabricate some sort of mounting system considering I am modifying a 2 up seat to a solo seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts