V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
man...i can't leave the garage without my wife with
me on the bike, her choice, all good we have fun.
seems like most riders here go solo....just wondering why.

bad call on my part putting her at risk with me?
I have always taught Girlfriends how to ride myself, they usually appreciate it, no reason in particular for riding solo, never thought much bout it just a matter of I'll ride no matter what the weather or temp is and most G-Friends aren't into 110 degree road trips and Monsoons really turn em off although the soaked t shirts usually has an opposite effect on me ;)

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
128 Posts
My wife has zero interest in being a passenger. Occasionally, she'll take a ride with me, but she gets bored easily and always has to pee. Plus, I get up too early. If your not up and out early here in Las Vegas, the traffic is horrible, and often by 10am it's too hot. If she were taller, she'd for sure ride her own, but at 4'10" we can't find anything for her except maybe a Grom.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
My wife has zero interest in being a passenger. Occasionally, she'll take a ride with me, but she gets bored easily and always has to pee. Plus, I get up too early. If your not up and out early here in Las Vegas, the traffic is horrible, and often by 10am it's too hot. If she were taller, she'd for sure ride her own, but at 4'10" we can't find anything for her except maybe a Grom.

my ex had a daughter who at 19 was 4'10 3/4" (she emphasized the 3/4) she rode with us alot, finally tought her to ride with an ol 1987 Honda Rebel 450 then she went and tried every Harley ended up with a softail slim fit her perfectly... just saw her and her mom the other day Vivi is still 4'10 3/4" and still rideing that softail

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
128 Posts
my ex had a daughter who at 19 was 4'10 3/4" (she emphasized the 3/4) she rode with us alot, finally tought her to ride with an ol 1987 Honda Rebel 450 then she went and tried every Harley ended up with a softail slim fit her perfectly... just saw her and her mom the other day Vivi is still 4'10 3/4" and still rideing that softail
A lot of women have longer legs and short torsos. My wife isn't so lucky, she has short legs. She looks like a toddler sitting on daddys bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wife doesn't care for riding no more, after a 4 hour trip on the back of my Heritage.

She wants her own bike, and prefers to have a sportster.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
Wife rode with me since I met her in 98. After 2 knee surgeries she still rode behind me then she broke her hip. I had to pick her up to put her on the saddle so rides were a bit shorter. She has lived in a nursing home for 5 months now and I am a solo rider again.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,199 Posts
man...i can't leave the garage without my wife with
me on the bike, her choice, all good we have fun.
seems like most riders here go solo....just wondering why.

bad call on my part putting her at risk with me?
My ole lady won't get on back. Just to skittish.

Said she would if I got a scooter with a trunk, still hasn't gotten on.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
All this talk makes me wonder if the bike manufacturers are missing out on some of the market.
Would it be financially feasible to offer two or three different size frames like bicycle manufactures? Prolly not.

·
Registered
16,594 Posts
All this talk makes me wonder if the bike manufacturers are missing out on some of the market.
Would it be financially feasible to offer two or three different size frames like bicycle manufactures? Prolly not.
I see a patent in your future.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Do you mean something like different frames for Sportsters, Softails and Touring bikes?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts