V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking into getting a new seat. Checked out the solo Diamond back seat and kinda like it. was wondering if anyone has one or had any info. Also on the same point, it seems like in the picture on the HD website there is no grab strap on it. So how does the seat stay on the bike? Also was looking at the chrome tail section that goes with it.
Any info would be great.
Thanks alot!

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strats,
Thanks for the reply. No I have never seen one in person. What type do you have?

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
The Diamond Back won't fit the 06 FX series with the 200mm tire.
The only choice is the HD plain Brawler.
I got it and I LOVE it.
Very comfortable for a little seat and carries the bikes lines perfect.

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
George,
Nice bike. So how does the seat attach to the bike? Also, what type of air cleaner is that on your bike? Where did you get it? Easy install?
thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Pop your Badlander off, and you'll see the front mounting stud. It fits the same way. Fit the steel tongue into the recepticle and screw the back down like normal.
Go to your HD dealer and get a little chrome plug for the back hole where the Badlander screws into.
Trust me, you'll be happy with the Brawler..I don't know who makes it, but it's top shelf quality.
The bottom is finished as well as the top.

The billet air cleaner was made by www.wimmermachine.com.
It's a 90 degree with the Spike & Top Breather option. Those are the piston shaped filters that hang down on either side of the head breather bolts..
The top breathers eliminate the hoses/tubing and have washable filters in them, plus they look great. They eliminate any chance of oil misting.
Wimmer offers a lot of different configurations.
Wimmer is a little pricey, but it flows 230 CFI.
My Spike w/ breathers was $730.99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts