V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sold my first harley a deep cobalt 06 ultra in june,for reasons one a kid in college, only riding to work and back. anyway as summer comes and goes im getting bored hung out with the wife .like that helped.long story short i found the twin on e bay two weeks ago two hundred dollars more than i sold mine for.hmmm. with a little 12 oz. courage i did it i put thing back the way they should be . i may have to work some over time to pay for my crime but its worth it ps this is my second post i reilly enjoy this forum:corn: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
:corn:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Money is money, you got to decide what you can afford. As far as only riding to work, so. 1/4-1/3 of miles is to work, 3-5k+ a year. I enjoy, better then a cage.

As far as not being able to ride, many people can ride alot more then they do. With tourpak, you can run errands, grocery shop ect. IMO baggers are for guys who live on bikes. Ya in the past I did the strap everything down thing. But bags are nice. Tourpak is great.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
If money is an issue look at few years older, will be cheaper the 06, but still lots of low miles. 02 was last year of Timken bearing, and first year of Delphi. Not sure when then quit putting carbs on.

Buyers market. everyone wants the 96" and market is flooded with bikes. Times have changed. If you don't get this one, look around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts