V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got stuck in Napa for a couple of hours today. I was pulling into town when I heard a loud squeeling noise coming from the primary area. HD03, who was with me, saw a puff of white smoke coming from my belt. Anywho, I pulled off into a gas station, shut the bike down and the bike started puking oil from the area where the belt goes into the primary and there were a bunch of metal shavings back in that area as well. I got the bike trucked home and have started pulling things apart--so far, everything inside the primary looks ok. I need to pull the clutch, etc. out and remove the inner primary cover. I'm really beginning to fear that I screwed something up with my Transmission. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get the inner primary cover off. This sucks!

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
when you get the inner primary cover off, look for a loose belt pully nut and or damaged splines. Just a thought.

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
Well, you made it home with your bike okay before the rain. I was just in Napa last month, 70 degrees on a Monday...unbelievable.
Good Luck with the repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts