V-Twin Forum banner

541 - 550 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok here goes: When I bought my 2000 Softail it came with a set of Vance and Hines pipes. They were way too loud (plus I have an ear sensitive to loud noises - result of not wearing hearing protection during Top Fuel dragsters warming up). I found a set of pipes with less than 50 miles on them from an 05 Deuce. Everything matches up except the cast iron bracket, part number 65435-00 muffler support. The support will align and mount to the muffler brackets and the foot peg bolt hole on the frame. However, that is it. The lower part of the support does not align with the two holes below the swing arm pivot bolt.
Do you know of a factory or aftermarket support bracket that will mount better especially below the swing arm bolt?

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
You ever see that fat fellow on the History channel riding around? The first season he had standard bars. After that mini apes. You must feel like a pretzel after a ride between the bars and forwards.

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
Those bars would be fine for a shrimp like me. There are many handlebar threads on the forum. The search bar is your friend. You can see what will fit you without having to buy new cables and what bars come prewired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, you are not the only new owner of a Softail. I have just purchased a softail for my enjoyment to rip around town! a week in and i love this bike. i'm going to use the winter to do some aftermarket customization's like powder coating, maybe jump up to a stage II kit, and (maybe) replace the cam tensioner. gonna seek my step-dad's advice on that. my bike has no record of it being done... (at least, not by the dearship, and only other owner had Biketown of Austintown do all their work).

541 - 550 of 550 Posts