V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Mine is an '03 FXSTI, SE filter, V & H Big Radius Pipes, PC 3 (Still looking for the right map). Nothing much more done other than sissy bar and pegs...yet, as I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear with the wife on the original purchase $$$. But I want sooooo much more...of course. Especially a better seat. 100 anniv or stock (same crap) is not comfortable on long rides. Here's pic with the new pipes.....

http://home.comcast.net/~mittom/softail03.htm

Peace.

A-man

· Registered
39 Posts
rkt88403 said:
Sweet pipes! How's the sound? Stock seat feels like it has no padding after about 1/2 an hour. I'm thinking about a Sundowner,and H-D profile shocks.
No problem with my wife as she figures I deserve my bike.
Thanks, I really like the look. I've been wanting pipes since day one but couldn't decide. Then V & H came out with these and the decision was easy. They have a real nice rumble to them. One that you don't need to remove the baffles, They're loud enough in my opinion. I like that Sundowner seat also, I want something higher in the back (passenger seat) and good back support. That looks like it covers both bases.I overstated, my wife's really not Bit**in' that much. She knew what she was getting into by me buying the bike. We just had allot of expenses of late (new pool, deck, fence, shed, etc) and the Harley comes after the house stuff....sometimes :D

Peace.

A-man

· Registered
39 Posts
Need Seat Opinions For FXST(i)

Hey all, I know there is a section on the forum for seats only. But I figured since I'm subscribed to this thread I'd ask fellow FXST/softail riders. I'm looking for a solo seat and was wondering what your opinions are on (1) Comfort (2) Look (3) I'd like the seat to move me forward a little (I'm 5.9 1/2). I imagine that a deep bucket seat would move me/ keep me forward..ya think? With the slope on my current seat the way it is my butt keeps sliding up it and eventually I get numb butt. From cruising the forum I've found that Lepera & Mustang are the seats of choice. Do ya agreee with that? Right now I have the 100th Anniv seat on (which is no better than the stock seat..'nuf said there). Hope ya don't mind the seat question but there are a zillion posts in the seat thread. Many with titles like "Help!". Yeah, that tells me what bike they're talkin about. Thanks in advance for any input. Peace.
- A-man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts