V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm a new owner of a Softail Standard,I thought that I would see who else here owns the same.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
03fxst said:
I'm an FXST owner. I love this bike.

Don
What did you have to do to get that 16 on the front? How's it handle?

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boise1 said:
Have done a lot to mine, love the bike, no problems since new. :D
No problems yet. Only have 2700 miles on it since April. April was almost a wash because of the weather. I was planning on making a lot of changes,but the more I ride it,the better it feels. I had trouble deciding on which model to get in the beginning. But I made the right choice for me.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Terrya12 said:
Just saw the 05s today online and it looks like I will get another chance at the Softail Springer Classic. Looks cool with the black forks. Throw on some apes, lowering kit and she would be good to go. Thats the plan for now.

]
Local dealer has a few '05s including a Softail Springer Classic. I agree it is a sweet ride. But I'm still pleased with my SS. If I could have a second bike,it would be a EG Standard in Chopper Blue.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Allmanman said:
Mine is an '03 FXSTI, SE filter, V & H Big Radius Pipes, PC 3 (Still looking for the right map). Nothing much more done other than sissy bar and pegs...yet, as I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear with the wife on the original purchase $$$. But I want sooooo much more...of course. Especially a better seat. 100 anniv or stock (same crap) is not comfortable on long rides. Here's pic with the new pipes.....

http://home.comcast.net/~mittom/softail03.htm

Peace.

A-man
Sweet pipes! How's the sound? Stock seat feels like it has no padding after about 1/2 an hour. I'm thinking about a Sundowner,and H-D profile shocks.
No problem with my wife as she figures I deserve my bike.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Allmanman said:
I overstated, my wife's really not Bit**in' that much. She knew what she was getting into by me buying the bike. We just had allot of expenses of late (new pool, deck, fence, shed, etc) and the Harley comes after the house stuff....sometimes :D

Peace.

A-man
I can relate to that. After getting my bike,I am trying real hard to get the honey-do list done ;)

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
You should make an introduction post at the "In The Beginning". Tell everyone a little about yourself and your riding history. :cheers:

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
03fxst, I see what you see. Other than the rear fender,it is identical to TerryA's bike.
nochrome, Care to elaborate?

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Terrya12's last post was 12-17-04.
nochrome joined VTF 12-30-04.
Both in Canada.
One and the same?

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Good to see your still around Terry. I like the rear fender change. Been thinking about doing the same thing to my bike. Also doing the narrow FL on the front.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Yeah! I like the older XL/FX braces on that fender,which reminds me that I like the older XL/FX front fenders also.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
That's because you are a blueguy. A few months ago changes to a paid membership took effect. $15/year for access to all the bells and whistles.
I was donating money to the site anyway,so it's been cheaper for the membership.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
OneBlackFly said:
I do not care for the appearance of the H-D helmet lock (haven't purchase one yet thank goodness). So what do you use for a lock? Thanks.
I don't use a helmet lock. My cheap 3/4 helmets are not cool enough that some one would want to steal them.

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Bald Eagle said:
Loud paint does it for me and I've got something I really like without getting into big bucks:

What paint? I don't see no paint:huh:

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Bald Eagle said:
Wassamatter Bill, don't they have mandatory eye tests in Michigan? :duh?:
I see lipstick:bleh: OH! Sweet paint on the bike too!:cool: Are those the SEII Torque mufflers?
You might want to make an introductory post in the beginning forum.:welcome:

· Retired
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Bald Eagle said:
Thanks for the welcome, Bill. I will take up your advice and post an entry in the newbie section when I get my finger out!
The other item that caught your eye is a Self-Lubricating Universal Wench (part no 362436-69). Although it fits all models and looks real neat, the running costs can be high, so it's best to think long and hard before fitting one. :bleh: :bleh:

QUOTE]
I have the 56 model and though she has grown some over the years,she still operates as flawless as she did in '76. She gave up fitting on a hardtail back in '77. Thought a softail would be more to her liking. Nope. Oh well she's still a keeper. I just get to ride by myself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts