V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Bubblehead

The bars are Arlen Ness fat bob drag bars. They are 1 1/4" bars, that I had stripped, and powdercoated. I paid through the nose for the bars, but they can be found online, for about $140.00. I should have done a google search first.

rkt88403

The 16" wheel conversion is rather simple. It took me awhile, because I had nothing to go off of. First, get a wheel for a Heritage. You will need to space the wheel 1/4" to the right, to center it in the forks. I used a 1/4" pulley spacer, since a 1/4" rotor spacer, does not exist. You will also need a 1 3/16" spacer, for the left side of the axle. For some reason, when spacing everything over 1/4", a 1 1/4" axle spacer did not work. You will also need longer rotor mounting bolts. And of course a new fender. Excluding the costs of the wheel and fender, which could range from a couple hundred, to a couple thousand, it only costs about $50.00. I almost forgot, I also had to space the right side of the fender, over to the left, about 3/16". I did this for free, by cutting off the mounting ears, from an old pair of sliders, filing and painting them. It is all about the details.

Don

· Registered
467 Posts
nochrome said:
I put on the fatboy rear fender this past spring. I always hated the stock fender on the fxst but really like the bike so I swapped out the rear. My plan is to do the same with the front with a fl fender I bought a few years ago but I really like the look of it now. Almost has a hot rod look. If I put the fl fender on the front it will look like all those 06 stripped down heritages coming out. So I think I'll leave it as is untill harley comes out with this look ( who knows).

I am confused. This guy nochrome, is either TerryA, bought Terry's bike, or is using TerryA's pics. Check out page 1 of this thread. What the hell?

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts