V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My mirrors have the built in lights and I like them very much. How do you like the Avon rear tire? I have Metzger Marathons on mine and I really like how they handle the curves.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody have pictures of aftermarket taillights installed? looking for ideas. I have one that is out and can not find a single for sale.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This one is built in with the brake light.

Just below the rear axle.

Built into the rear fender. A common touch with Thunderbikes.

Teeny weeny ones. I'd worry about them snapping off.

This one is right under the seat at the top of the swingarm.

I've also see rear axle covers in chrome that had built in turn signals.

I have an idea to design my own and if I get that done this year I will post it. I'm planning to use some aluminum C channel with a strip of LED lights inside the channel. I will attach it along the frame wrapping around the axel housing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the pictures Sarah. I'm still trying to decide. If I could find a stock one for sale I wouldn't have to keep trying to decide lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sarah,
I like the Avon's. They seem to wear well and grip really well. And, the tread pattern doesn't look like some kind of off road monster tire. It's very subtle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have a picture of it, but I saw a rear end design, on a Rocker that looked BA.
The owner took a second Rocker fender and cut it to fit inside the stock fender. Like a sandwich so to speak. He cut both back to expose some tire and embedded an LED strip inside the cavity formed by sandwiching the 2 fenders together with about a 1/4 inch gap between the two. It looked really good once painted and refit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't have a picture of it, but I saw a rear end design, on a Rocker that looked BA.
The owner took a second Rocker fender and cut it to fit inside the stock fender. Like a sandwich so to speak. He cut both back to expose some tire and embedded an LED strip inside the cavity formed by sandwiching the 2 fenders together with about a 1/4 inch gap between the two. It looked really good once painted and refit.
I've seen that Rocker before and talked with the guy on how it was done. Very cool! I think I will do something similar one day. I have another idea I want to try for my rear signals.

Thanks for the input on the Avon. For now I think I'll stick with Metzler.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts