V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a differance in Twin cam Softail Frames. Like from Heritage to a Standard or Duce. Also are the 2006 with the wide tire a diff. frame or Just Diff. Swingarm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
In 2005, I think all the models had the same frame.

For the 2006 wide tire models, the frame is different, not just the swingarm. Lower frame rail to lower frame rail width is another 3 or 4 inches wider.
 

·
Let er rip!
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
The Deuce frames are different, but someone will have to chime in with the exact info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
quite so sure of that

oh1deuce said:
The Deuce frames are different, but someone will have to chime in with the exact info.
Not quite so sure of that. Just stripped mine to the frame and powdercoated. On the lower left bottom side of the frame there are two mounting holes that go unused. They are for mounting footboards and/or exhaust pipes. The seat is shorter to adapt a longer fuel tank.
 

·
'04 FXSTDI
Joined
·
906 Posts
fourhour said:
Not quite so sure of that. Just stripped mine to the frame and powdercoated. On the lower left bottom side of the frame there are two mounting holes that go unused. They are for mounting footboards and/or exhaust pipes. The seat is shorter to adapt a longer fuel tank.
the 04 parts book lists a different part number for the Deuce than the other softails. I think it has to do with the frame horns to fit the wider rear fender. At least in 04 this was the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Not sure about the Deuce...all the others should be the same.

I was told that on the '06 bikes, that H-D made room for the 200 tire by using a narrow pulley and belt. the frame/swingarm didn't change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
DM-SC said:
I was told that on the '06 bikes, that H-D made room for the 200 tire by using a narrow pulley and belt. the frame/swingarm didn't change.
-2$en#e- The Stealer told me that '2006 up' models with the 200 rear feature a different frame, in addition to the narrow belt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Bald Eagle said:
-2$en#e- The Stealer told me that '2006 up' models with the 200 rear feature a different frame, in addition to the narrow belt.
I guess they think we can't handle the truth! :dunno: :ntlgh:
 

·
Let er rip!
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
No biggie either way, but it's a fact that the Deuce frames are different. If you do a forum search, the differences are listed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
gunnut said:
the 04 parts book lists a different part number for the Deuce than the other softails. I think it has to do with the frame horns to fit the wider rear fender. At least in 04 this was the case.
PartSmart Catalogue (CD) lists two different frames for all Softails

47008-00A FRAME, BH/JL/M/T/V/W/X/Z;JA

48887 FRAME, BS;JB

Both list for the same money.

Screaming Eagle frames are listed under a different number.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top