V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the fork sliders have changed in the past few years. I'm interested in acquiring a pair of take offs for powdercoating.
BK

·
Registered
684 Posts
What kind of FXST? I know the FXST/C are the same from the mid 90's to 2000 for sure...cant help you much on the others. What I had done, was to find a dealer/shop that will do exchange on yours. I had the lowers done $200.00 (cnd) labour and taxes in.

CHEERS
FXST99

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sask Man, I failed to mention the details I guess. I'm working on a 01' Nighttrain. Did you get yours powdercoated or swapped for Chrome?
BK

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jshuster-Sounds like something I would be interested in. If you can PM me a pic and a price maybe we can work something out. Thanks for your time,
BK

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got mine chromed on exchange...basically drove the bike into the shop, went, had lunch picked up the bike and drove home...total cost taxes in was $200.00. Excahnge is the way to go, but you have to shop around as our local area dealers are real reluctant to "tell" you about this as they would rather sell you at full pop. Ironically of the 3 dealers in the province only one HD dealer does this and they are beyond busy! Go figure. It makes a HUGE difference in the look of your bike by the way! Problem is you will want to get your calipers and rotors done when you see how it all looks!

CHEERS
FXST99

1 - 6 of 6 Posts