V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I bought the Python 3 Quick Strike's (same as V/H big Shot staggereds). I thought they sounded GREAT, but I wanted something that looked a little shorter. I then went with the V/H BIgSHot originals. I love the way they look but I don't care for the sound they make. I want a deep sounding exhaust. I removed the baffles and they sounded incredible until I let off the gas then they had this horrible sound. Now I'm back to looking again. I would like to try the Bassani Pro-Street, but i have seen them turn colors. I don't want that. I'm not sure what a 2-1 system like the Hard Krome accelerator or the Thunderheader sound like. I want something that is DEEP and does not have the crackling sound .

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've had D&D's on my 2000 FXST since it was new, throaty sound, clean lines, and no rust/discoloring. Also came with full lenght heat shields and removeable baffles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The latest edition of Cycle World's Power and Performance mag tested about 12 pipes for Softails and while Hooker won hands down last year the new D&D 2 into 1 had the best numbers this year and the sound is at the top of the list as well. See the D & D's at danddexhaust.com at their web site.

Mr. Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts