V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking for a link for some real soft bungee or click straps. Real soft, not abrasive. I bought a Bikers friend roll saddle bag. I really like it, however there was a few adjustments I had to make and some I am still making, in order to protect my paint and chrome. The bag is sitting on a luggage rack with a solo seat, as opposed to the additional height of a two up seat. This causes the metal D-rings on the bag to hit and rub on my fender and powder coated luggage rack. I wrapped the D-rings in leather all the way around. Scratch issue one...Resolved. Second the abrasive 1 inch wide Nylon locking straps that attaches to the shock towers in front of the bag, rubs on the fender struts and front portion of the fender. The rear bungies go around the turn signal bars and they have un coated metal locking hooks on them as well. I am looking for some super soft rubber or cloth covered bungees for the rear of the bag, and the front of the bag needs straps that can handle a couple of hundred pounds as it doubles as a backrest.

Thanks for any inside knowlege.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Seem like I've seen something like the sleeves in K-mart or Wal-mart. They go over your seat belts.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, found two kinds! One with velcro that can go on after the fact and one slip over. J&P Cycles has em listed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts