·
Registered
5,824 Posts
70%.......

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
geoffreyt said:
I think I scored 75%, and I took my time too!
Math was never my strongpoint, I was guessing at the reduction ratios

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
94%, it would sure be nice if they showed the mistakes so we could learn...

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hamilton said:
94%, it would sure be nice if they showed the mistakes so we could learn...
Thats exactly what I thought. Then I thought maybe I missed that and my low score reflected I'm in oblivion.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Were the mistakes listed? (maybe I'm in oblivion too)

I think I messed up on the ratios math...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
82% Cool test! It's scary how many people would be clueless. There's quite a few people who don't even know how to change oil.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
There was a small icon/graphic that let you review the test questions and answers after it was done. I had to look for it as it was not an obvious link.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
You can check your answers by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right corner at the end. I got a 92%, but I think they are wrong on the fan question as well as the see-saw question with the 2 boxes balancing.

The fan question is a reference point deal.

In the see-saw question box "B" is 5 times as far away from the fulcrum as box "A" is. Therefore, box "B"'s weight has to be 1/5th to keep the boxes balanced. 1/5th of 300 kg is 60 kg. That answer wasn't an option.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Pikeslayer said:
You can check your answers by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right corner at the end. I got a 92%, but I think they are wrong on the fan question as well as the see-saw question with the 2 boxes balancing.

The fan question is a reference point deal.

In the see-saw question box "B" is 5 times as far away from the fulcrum as box "A" is. Therefore, box "B"'s weight has to be 1/5th to keep the boxes balanced. 1/5th of 300 kg is 60 kg. That answer wasn't an option.
Nope. The fulcrum was divided in 8ths, each box 2/8's. Fulcrum was right at the edge of box A (memory), leaving box B at the very end. 3/4 one side, 1/4 the other.

I didn't go back & check, but I'd bet I missed the one where you're lifting a weight straight up, at a 90* w/pulley, and again at about 120* w/pulley. I believe the CORRECT answer was all equal, but I chose "A" because there was no friction with a direct pull up!

Springer. Smart dude!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
84% - I reviewed my quiz and it was the easy ones I got wrong! I was on a conference call for half of it though.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
84% I took physics a looooong time ago

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I brain farted the plantary gears. The tubes I figured the venturi effect and said there would be no fluid in tube B. Got a 92.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
92%

Missed an easy one though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts