V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally signed, The agreement, it is suppose to include commitments from China to halt intellectual property theft, stop currency manipulation, cooperate in financial services and purchase up to 200 billion in US products which includes RICE!!!

Trump sold RICE to China????? !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Of course it's historic... by definition. ;)

It also appears to be a good deal for the US too. Hopefully it works as planned and China keeps it's part of the deal. Then phase 2 can be worked out. If China doesn't keep to it, there's supposedly some teeth to it so we don't get screwed.

I honestly believe that if it's good for us, and fair to China we both prosper. Not a huge fan of Trump personally, but most of what he's done I think has improved the country. This is one of those things.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm not naïve enough to believe that China is ever going to live up to the terms, especially the "intellectual property theft". China is a world leader in industrial espionage.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yesterday local news reported on Pelosi sending the impeachment for 1:30, then followed up with Trump's China deal at 30 seconds.

Chooch, a few years back I was at one of our window 3 day event shows, I lost count and I'm serious on this, lost count how many China or what race it was that walked around and took pics of window hardware of locks and keepers. I would be standing there looking or talking to someone and a little oriental guy would pop in between and snap a pic and off he'd go.

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
... I lost count and I'm serious on this, lost count how many China or what race it was that walked around and took pics of window hardware of locks and keepers. I would be standing there looking or talking to someone and a little oriental guy would pop in between and snap a pic and off he'd go.
Industrial espionage in the open.

·
Registered
774 Posts
yesterday local news reported on Pelosi sending the impeachment for 1:30, then followed up with Trump's China deal at 30 seconds.

Chooch, a few years back I was at one of our window 3 day event shows, I lost count and I'm serious on this, lost count how many China or what race it was that walked around and took pics of window hardware of locks and keepers. I would be standing there looking or talking to someone and a little oriental guy would pop in between and snap a pic and off he'd go.
Nothing new, I saw this happen at some custom mirror and Glass shops 30 years ago... Always "asians".... Most of my customers would not allow any cameras in their plants.....

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
You bet your life their word is good. And Mexico is going to pay for that wall.
Have you ever seen the Mexican government stop the invasion at their border or send them back to their home country before reaching ours like they did this past week.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not historic, just another bit of PR. What politicians on all sides do is trade GESTURES and salt "deals" with mediagenic acts to generate useful coverage. It was thus long before the modern era. Voters (or "supporters", required even in countries like China because government must have the consent of the governed) vote/support on emotion and are not analytical thinkers. Affirm their emotions and they reward you with power. Unless one takes a serious interest and studies enthusiastically over time it's difficult to sort fact from fiction.

Other countries only do in trade with the US what the owners of the US, Wall Street, allow and encourage. Follow the money and ignore their words completely because people don't lie with their wallets. (They pay to spread lies but that's different.)

BTW US economic policy toward Mexico was and is terrible for Mexican jobs OVERALL which drove immigration for decades. People don't leave home unless they've no choice. Americans think Mexican workers benefited but it was really only the rich while US corporations got cheap labor. NAFTA is terrible for workers on both sides of the border. Of course Americans don't care that job destruction drives immigration because unless it's football or the Kardashians they're generally too lazy/ignorant/stupid to care. Corn subsidies for big agra go beyond the "ethanol tax" we pay at the gas pump. Because the farm lobby got Congress to create a market which didn't exist, they destroyed Mexican farming. People with no place to go do what they must while big agra rakes in billions and buys more Congresscritters to keep it that way. The romantic (BS mostly) American idea of the small farmer is kept alive by propganda but it's just an industry like all the rest. It exists to make MONEY. Cornohol feeds no one and it's unhealthy byproducts like HFCS are horrendously expensive to the taxpayer in medical costs. Taxpayers pay agra welfare, pay to contain immigration, pay for police and social programs (illegal labor is cheap because costs are offloaded onto taxpayers), and get less than nothing for that.

“Whatever I could do to make money, I did,” Ortega explains. “But I could never make enough for us to survive.” In 1999 he came to the United States, where he again slaughtered pigs for a living. This time, though, he did it as a worker in the world’s largest pork slaughterhouse, in Tar Heel, North Carolina.
Fracking means cornohol is not necessary or even useful toward US energy independence so ignore that lie too. (We don't need to keep the Strait of Hormuz open either since the main customers for Persian Gulf oil are mainland China (the nice people we spend billions on our Navy to contain while protecting THEIR maritime commerce by ensuring freedom of the seas), India and Japan. If war closed it, US producers would make more money and we'd have more oil patch jobs for American workers.)

NAFTA destroyed Detroit (with considerable help from a stupidly mismanaged US auto industry) while it destroyed Mexican agriculture.
Who wins? Not the American or Mexican people, just the rich elites.

Ignore my post but study for yourselves. I promise you'll be entertained. Not happy, but entertained. Follow the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts