V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a local dealer in North Fresno California a month ago to see about getting my oil pressure switch replaced under warranty. It would not come on when I first turned the ignition on, but would come on briefly after the motor started and go out as the pressure built. They told me they had other bikes in with the same problem and it didn't show any codes, so there was nothing that could be done about it. I argued with him as it was working correctly before and he said I could bring it in, but they probably wouldn't do anything to it. This is the same dealer that bad mouthed the dealer I actually bought my bike from when I had my 1000 miles check up. I had other service on other bikes from them and have never been real happy. But when they tell me they won't do warranty work before they even check it out, they don't want my business.
Two weeks ago, I stopped in at Mitchell's Modesto Harley and talked to them about this. They replaced it without any hesitation. I also bought new Metzler 880's from them and got half off a darn good breakfast in their restaurant while I waited. And the service writer and tech were good people. And they're four hours further away, so I get more saddle time in. So far, they will be my dealer of choice for the future.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts