V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the So Cal area give me any feed back on their experience with Bad Boy's Toys in Thousand Palms, CA? That is if anyone on this forum has used them to tune their bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
go to RC cycles

I have been to *&^^%&$^ETDDSGVASW$W%EEEE:nope:

best tune i got for racetuner was in Hayward at RC cycles with Bob.
WORTH THE DRIVE

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cycle Doctor in Costa Mesa is good also. Closer than Hayward... Jeff is a great SERT tuner.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I have sent many customers in CA to Ron at RC cycles. I have had great feedback from the customers when he is done tuning. RK had some tuning done at cycle doctor and he was happy, . Check it out a good tune is worth the drive time.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
ken dawg said:
I have been to *&^^%&$^ETDDSGVASW$W%EEEE:nope:

best tune i got for racetuner was in Hayward at RC cycles with Bob.
WORTH THE DRIVE
WELL worth the drive. 10 hours round trip for me. 5 hrs coming home was the best!!!!! Like night and day.

I interviewed SEVERAL tuners before making the trip. No comparison.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<I interviewed SEVERAL tuners before making the trip. No comparison.>>

Did you interview Geoff Gaites (CycleDoctor)? He is the best EFI tuner in SoCal. His tune will compare favorably to RC Cycles. Not saying better, but very close.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
ejk_dyna said:

Did you interview Geoff Gaites (CycleDoctor)? He is the best EFI tuner in SoCal. His tune will compare favorably to RC Cycles. Not saying better, but very close.
Yes, I did. He insisted on welded-in sensors on both pipes. Seemed a little arrogant too. I may have caught him on an off day.

I'll repeat an RC Cycles story mentioned a few months back. The TPS failed on my bike, I replaced it, and it affected a few sectors of my tune. So, they were the first leg of my Sturgis run. One problem... I forgot my SERT. Dangit!!! Well, they stepped up. Opened up a NEW Power Commander, installed it on my bike, tuned it, and sent me on my way... NO CHARGE. Ron said next time I was in Hayward to bring back the Power Commander & they'd tune it with the SERT.

I value skill and customer service. The guys at RC are great to work with. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
473 Posts
ejk_dyna said:

He is really good and I had a lot of crappy tunes before I went to him. However, He can be expensive and quirkey to deal with. Its pretty much his way when your discussing things. Good guy and great work.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<I value skill and customer service. The guys at RC are great to work with. Highly recommended.>>

Absolutely. Might be the best builder/tuner in California.

But for pure EFI tuning Gaites is very good for the SoCal folks who aren't willing to drive up to Hayward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts