V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped my forks out on my 04 electraglide for a pair of new 06 forks and just had my rear progressive 440's rebuilt. Forks had 50,000 miles on them and shocks about 20,000 man it is just like a new bike. The main reason I did the fork swap was I did not want to mess with the cartridge. Now I can easily change fork oil and every 20,000 miles feel like I am getting a new bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
everybody ?

Mtclassic said:
I just swapped my forks out on my 04 electraglide for a pair of new 06 forks and just had my rear progressive 440's rebuilt. Forks had 50,000 miles on them and shocks about 20,000 man it is just like a new bike. The main reason I did the fork swap was I did not want to mess with the cartridge. Now I can easily change fork oil and every 20,000 miles feel like I am getting a new bike.
does everybody have their shocks rebuilt at 20K miles ?

What is the mfg recommendations for rebuilds ?

Thanks
Mikey

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fxr4mikey said:
does everybody have their shocks rebuilt at 20K miles ?

What is the mfg recommendations for rebuilds ?

Thanks
Mikey
Both my 440's were leaking fluid so I sent them back for warranty repair. I had ohlins (top notch and perhaps the finest shocks made) on my BMW and Ohlin recommended rebuild like every 12,000 miles or something like that. Progressive does not indicate an interval or that they wear out, but they do.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Works Performance recommend rebuild every 25,000, if I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts