V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the beautiful Smoky Mountians . . .

I've been back riding for about 9 years, after taking a 20 year break. This is my 1st Harley ('05 Road King custom) after various bikes including a couple of Triumphs (Bonnieville Speedmaster).

In the Summer of '10, I traded my '06 VTX 1800 Honda for my beautiful black cherry Road King. I was living in South Carolina and I really wanted a bike that I could hit the road, ride 300+ miles and visit my kids in Tennessee.

A few days into my new life as a satisfied HD owner, I headed out from Columbia, SC, up through NC to ride the Blue Ridge parkway again, back down through the Smoky mts of TN, stopping in Lynchburg @ my son's place, riding through part of AL, across GA, ending up @ home in SC.

So, 977 miles later, I agreed with Harley Davidson when they named my favorite toy "Road King".

For the past year, I live in a cabin outside of Sevierville, TN and ride the back roads of the Smoky mts @ every opportunity I get. This year, my hobby racked up 18,000+ miles.

See ya soon.

Ride safe !

EasyDoesItGuy

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

I've ridden in that area a bit - between Choo-Choo, Morristown, Oak Ridge and scenic downtown Smoky Junction. Very nice riding area.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Good choice in your ride!

I hope to get down that way again next summer.

Previously only done 20 miles or so on the blue ridge from the skyline drive. I guess now with the speed limits I should avoid skyline and start at the blue ridge....

rkc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts