V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen one somewhere, but can't find one through Drag, Cust Chrome, etc.

Looking for a Smoked Tail Light lense for my '05 RKC to match the smoked turn signal lenses...any ideas?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Drag has some laydown ones with horizontal ribs in the lens are... it looks pretty good and much better than the ones they sell with the square pattern in the lens. They are both laydown.

Clear Alternatives has stock style smoked lenses, but it's often hit or miss with the quality and fit of their stuff.

you could also check with Custom Dynamics to see what they may have.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys
I found what I wanted at Custom Dynamics:Banadance

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
Clear Alternatives has stock style smoked lenses, but it's often hit or miss with the quality and fit of their stuff.
Think I got a miss...not real happy with the fitment. I'm gonna try one from drag...thanks

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The ones in the j&p cycles catalogue only list early fitments. Is there a difference?

BTW this will be for my 06 FLHXI

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
brownjams, I think you are a little confused there buddy. We are discussing the brake light not fender tip lights, but I appreciate you input.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
your very right there sir, my apologies. I misread the initial question. I hate when I do stupid things. tailight lense not fender tip lense, OK got it.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
same ones you can get from Drag.
I tried finding them with the Drag online thing. Must have missed them. I think maybe their on-line deal doesn't have everything in it.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
michael101 said:
I tried finding them with the Drag online thing. Must have missed them. I think maybe their on-line deal doesn't have everything in it.:dunno:
I think it came out in one of the "Skinnys" or catalog updates late last year for the lights with the horizontal ribbing inside. The ones with the "waffle pattern" look pretty crappy, but still used the same inside reflector as the lights from Walters... all Chinese and same part number molded on the inside.

·
Registered
266 Posts
less expensive alternative

Transparent black spray paint found at those remote control airplane model stores. Cost: about $4.00 to do 10 or so blinker lenses and a couple of stop light lenses. Mine has been on the lenses for about a year with no fading. Looks like HD sold smoked lenses, can't tell the difference.

STB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts