V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is "national" smoke out day. If you're still a hostage to the cigarette manufacturers, use today as a target day for your liberation. Make a conscious decision that by the next smoke out day in 2008 you're going to cut your bonds and throw of the the shackles of your enslavement.

Stop being their victim, you can beat the bastards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
never understood the appeal myself.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Guess I need to smoke an extra pack to mark the occasion.
I haven't got the want to yet. That's like going to the bars and telling everyone it's national sober day, leave your drinks on the bar and walk out.
I couldn't stop drinking until the You need to and I need to turned into I want to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
vindex1963 said:
Extreamly hard to do but it can be done.
Truer words have never been spoken. With some of the meds out these days (Zyban) it was easier than any of the other thousand times I tried. July of 2002 was my last. Sometimes not too often they still smell desirable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
They are a bitch to quit. Took me 3 tries before I finally quit. Haven't had one since December 1998. One thing I did learn tho is that I can never ever have even one again.





Ride Safe
-Randy-
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
vindex1963 said:
9 months here and yes they still smell good to me when they are burning but a smoker that just finished one stinks.
I gotta agree with that one...I know I stunk but couldn't smell it...the craving can still be a challenge, this Jan 1st will be 3 years...whew was it ever tough!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,436 Posts
vindex1963 said:
9 months here and yes they still smell good to me when they are burning but a smoker that just finished one stinks.
Not usually around either smokers or drinkers, but a couple of weeks ago at a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert my wife and I sat between two couples that reeked of stale cig smoke and the familiar smell of alcohol exuding from their pores. Yellow teeth, bloodshot eyes, runny noses, the stench of death. Delightful.

Lefty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lefty said:
Not usually around either smokers or drinkers, but a couple of weeks ago at a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert my wife and I sat between two couples that reeked of stale cig smoke and the familiar smell of alcohol exuding from their pores. Yellow teeth, bloodshot eyes, runny noses, the stench of death. Delightful.

Lefty
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?

Was Jackson Browne with them? ;) (showing my age - and yours!)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,436 Posts
DJW said:
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?

Was Jackson Browne with them? ;) (showing my age - and yours!)
Nope, just the NGDB.

Lefty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
quitting drinking for me was easier because of the support. the 12 steps of the program helped but not a lot. I don't know of anyone getting a DW"S" (smoking) unless it was one of those left handed smokes. Heck, I had friends and pts that died from smoking, had emphysema, heart disease, cancer etc and I still smoked with the ignorance of thinking i didn't smoke "that much." I was hell on wheels once i quit and have no problem shouting an opinion on it now. People who smoke , for the most part, have no idea how offensive it is to others and a good portion really don't care. It really isn't an issue like wearing seat belts or helmets, The best description of smoking in a restaurant is old but true..."Having a non smoking area in a room is like having a non peeing area in a pool!!"

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
xandvphyle said:
..."Having a non smoking area in a room is like having a non peeing area in a pool!!"


Great analogy!


Ride Safe
-Randy-
 

·
Doof Bag
Joined
·
274 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I gotta agree with that one...I know I stunk but couldn't smell it...the craving can still be a challenge, this Jan 1st will be 3 years...whew was it ever tough!!!
gotta agree, gave up cigarettes, but still get my nic fix from redman, an occasional cigar, patches, whatever. what?, me addicted? seems nearly impossible :whatever: and yes, pigs don't know pigs stink.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top