V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
own a 2003 road king, fuel injected. Last few days or so I've been getting a strong smell of gas when the motor is running only, checked everywhere, can find no leaks at all, cap is tight. bugging me, not sure what's going on???? New to the forum, not sure if I'm posting in the right area. Anyone have any thoughts as to why I'm all of a sudden smelling a strong odor of gas?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Possibly the o-rings in the injectors or the fuel tube? Lift the tank and see if there are signs of a fuel weep in those areas..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lost Hippie,
Thanks for the imput, I'll take a look as suggested. The another thing I noticed that may be related and also just started, is I'm starting to get a burp back thru the air cleaner (or so it sounds) on occassion and not starting as easy recently, no problem starting but not just as easy lately. got 35,000 miles but have always had regular maintenance at dealer with exception of fluids which I do myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the same issue on an 02 road king. The check valve was leaking a little. only leaked when the bike was running.
I changed out the little o-ring in the check valve. problem solved.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. Pull air cleaner to make damn sure it is clean. I know, too simple.
2. O rings in the injectors.
3. Check valve O ring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts