V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yes there's a rumor going around about them going under every year about this time. they lowered the price of that bike from, $15,495. that's only $500 under msrp

I typed too slow for grayrider.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Think back to aournd the time of the 100th anniversary. Seems like they produced way more V-rods than the market demand required, and many dealers were offering fairly strong discounts, if I recall correctly.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OldMiC said:
Think back to aournd the time of the 100th anniversary. Seems like they produced way more V-rods than the market demand required, and many dealers were offering fairly strong discounts, if I recall correctly.
Yep but I'm not talking V-Rods, I'm talking standard HD's below MSRP.

V-Rods are 1K below MSRP, that's normal pricing here.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Don't you guys read the thunder press? Dealers in there advertising bikes below MSRP on occasion. I'd say a few times a year I see a few of em in there for under MSRP.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dirty Jim said: Never seen a dealer advertise under MSRP, have you?

Yes. Chicago HD had Fat Boys last winter for $1000 or so, under MSRP and so did some other place back east. V-Rods and Sporters have also been advertised for under MSRP.

The ad you posted also said "starting at" and said to add freight, setup, taxes and tag. Some dealers don't charge the freight and setup, or so I have heard.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
The sky is falling!! Sell!! Sell!! Sell!

When Black Friday comes
I'll stand down by the door
And catch the grey men when they
Dive from the fourteenth floor
When Black Friday comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And before my friends find out
I'll be on the road
When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be
Don't let it fall on me
When Black Friday comes
I'll fly down to Muswellbrook
Gonna strike all the big red words
From my little black book
Gonna do just what I please
Gonna wear no socks and shoes
With nothing to do but feed
All the kangaroos
When Black Friday comes I'll be on that hill
You know I will

-Steely Dan (as if you didn't know)

·
Banned
202 Posts
I think Dirty Jim won't be happy until the MoCo pulls a GM - 12 plants closed, 30,000 jobs cut with plans to make Cadillacs in China on the table already.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Harley Davidson is doing fine. The market must not be too bad because they announced record earnings for the third quarter of this year.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JamieWG said:
Harley Davidson is doing fine. The market must not be too bad because they announced record earnings for the third quarter of this year.

Jamie the only reason they had record earning, the company bought back millions of shares, so when you divide the total earning by less shares it makes things look rosy.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
How about the 0% financing and the free extended warranties, have they ever offered that?
I want employee pricing too.

Lefty
:sucks:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
another union twist. so when they make a car or bike non union for McDonald wages, they'll lower the price just for you. Oh they're already building cars in mexico and didn't lower the price, never mind.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
Jamie the only reason they had record earning, the company bought back millions of shares, so when you divide the total earning by less shares it makes things look rosy.
Hi Jim.. That may be true, but they actually had a great year, sales-wise, as well. Here are a couple of quotes from a recent press release...

“Harley-Davidson had a great third quarter,” said Jim Ziemer, Chief Executive Officer of Harley-Davidson, Inc. “Our motorcycles sold at a brisk pace in all of our worldwide markets. In the U.S., retail sales of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles rose 12 percent during the quarter, and in Europe and Japan, retail sales were up 11.5 percent and 13 percent, respectively. Year-to-date, Harley-Davidson worldwide retail sales were up approximately 7 percent.”

Revenue from motorcycle sales was up 11.4% over the previous year.
Revenue from Parts and Accessories was up 3% vs previous year.
Revenue from Gen Merchandise was up 5% over previous year.

Cash Flow - Nine Month Results
Operations generated almost $1 billion of cash during the first nine months of 2005. This cash flow along with prior cash reserves enabled the Company to make a $102 million contribution to the post-retirement health care trusts, invest $122 million in capital expenditures, pay $124 million in dividends and repurchase $1 billion of common stock. The Company repurchased 20.6 million shares of its common stock at an average cost of $49 per share during the first and second quarters of 2005.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
brownjams said:
another union twist. so when they make a car or bike non union for McDonald wages, they'll lower the price just for you. Oh they're already building cars in mexico and didn't lower the price, never mind.
Chill out, after all this is the internet.

1 - 20 of 509 Posts